All Campaign Progress Reset

All of my campaign progress has been reset/deleted. This includes: insane difficulty, campaign collectibles and COG tags, and level/chapter progress. Ive even lost some of my weapons skins, such as the gold gnasher, because the game apparently thinks that I have never played before.

It set me to the menu, signed me out, and when i signed in it set everything to zero, including my level. When i reset my console it reset about half of the things lost.

Ive tried:

1. reseting console

2. clearing cache

I know this happened in Gears 2, but please help me to find out how to contact epic or get all of my hard work returned. I almost beat the game on insane, just had the last level and now its telling me that i have to do it all over again. hours of gameplay, gone.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The only way that one would get reset and lose everything is if they either modded, hacked or cheated in some way to get them there. Now not saying you did any of these but that is what would case one to get reset. I would call Microsoft and find out.

did you sign out your profile while you had the game on? from what i heard, if you sign out your profile while the game is on, then sign back in to your profile, your stats get reset. not sure if this is true.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Were you playing splitscreen? I was and it said "not signed in" where my profile was. When I signed in all story progress and collectablew were gone. Sux!

The same just happened to me as Podactor81 is there anything that cant be done, pretty pissed.

The same thing happen to me also

[quote user="Onyx Guard 777x"]

The only way that one would get reset and lose everything is if they either modded, hacked or cheated in some way to get them there. Now not saying you did any of these but that is what would case one to get reset. I would call Microsoft and find out.

[/quote]

Stop giving people false information. Epic has never said anything about resets.Moreover, if epic detects a player cheating they issue a 2 week xbox live suspension and a permanent ban from playing gears of war 3 online. nothing more nothing less no resets at all.

I've got the same problem - I was playing splitscreen and it said "not signed in" whilst player 2 was signed in fine. All my progress has been reset in campaign although I haven't lost any medals or ribbons - weird and yes it sux!

I wouldn't panic....this happened to my friend and in a few hours it all came back...piece by piece.  It was weird.

I'm not panicking - just peed off. My whole campaign has locked so it means I have to do it again on insane but wait ... I can't go straight in and do it on insane oh no that would be crazy! I have to do it at a lower level and then on insane AGAIN (that's sarcasm by the way) and no none of it has come back and it still sux! ^_^