Aliens: Colonial Marines

Disclaimer: Not sure what's new, and what is not.

-Set months after Aliens the movie, on the planet LV-426.

-Some sort of

-It will fill in some story gaps such as what happened to Hudson and Vasquez.  Also how the eggs ended up on the ship on Aliens 3. 

-One new enemy is a bull-headed enemy.  Think a regular sized soldier alien with a Queen's huge head.  It uses it as a battering ram, and a bullet shield.   You'll have to take it out with non-conventional means, such as from behind.

-Enemies like the bullhead will encourage the co-op play.  "Take a Stand" moments will as well.  Those are basically parts where the game throws massive amounts of aliens at you.  The key is to reinforce your defenses (including turrets of course) and survive as a squad.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I look forward to this game, I am a huge fan of the lastest AvP game and want more alien killing action.

I was disappointed Gearbox picked up Duke Nukem instead of working on this.  (this is Gearbox right?)

[quote user="Im n d social"]

I was disappointed Gearbox picked up Duke Nukem instead of working on this.  (this is Gearbox right?)

[/quote]Yup Gearbox.

Note to self:  Edit.  "Some sort of" doesn't tell much of anything.

been waiting 4 years for this now, and can't wait for the 4 player co-op. I am hoping it will be better than Sega's AvP.

What am I saying, It will be better than AvP, but I am hoping it's as awesome as Borderlands.

i think this game goin to be like the  AvP marine campaign but with more details and more focus on the Aliens movies.

No, it will be very different, For one thing Gearbox has been allowed access to the original Models and set designs for Aliens. And this one is going to be 4 player co-op which AvP was sorely lacking. Graphically I expect it will be better.

Storywise it is supposed to move from the Sulaco, lost and drifting in space to the Colony to the Alien space ship from alien.

It may even have some rather large aliens that have burst from the giant alien race that inhabited the ship.

I expect the queen at least will be from that genetic stock and be extremely huge.

I can only hope it is going to be nothing like AvP. AvP was extremely boring and was one of the few Games I regret paying Retail price for. I never even finished any of the Campaigns, I started on the Marines one and quickly grew tired of it. maybe someday, I might finish them?

As for Colonial Marines, I can only hope they are going to do an Alien Game the way it should be, an Alien Game. I've been looking forward to it for a good time and I can only hope. If it fails, that's it for any Alien "based" Game in the future for me.

To me AVP was an entertaining game, but it had no reply value, and was extremely redundant. I actually ended up trading it back in a few months later. With that being said, I have high hopes for Aliens: Colonial Marines, since I am a big fan of the franchise, and I would love to have a quality game for it.

From what I've heard, it sounds like it could be a good game, and then other things, like the "Take a Stand" moments mentioned above make me shudder in memory of AvP. I'm going to end up waiting for the reviews before I buy it, just to be on the safe side this time.

When I was reading about "Take a Stand" moments, the thing I keep envisioning were the horde parts from LFD.  Very much looking forward to some co-op campaign action.

As some of you other people have said, I'm sure it will be awesome.  At least for the fans of the franchise(s) that is.  AVP FINALLY gave us fans something good again after so many bad games and movies.  

-It will fill in some story gaps such as what happened to Hudson and Vasquez

I thought Vasquez and that worthless Lt. Gorman (?) blew themselves up in the air ducts when they were surrounded by aliens. Hudson you never see die, he was just dragged through the hole in the floor. Game over man, game over!