Aliens: Colonial Marines - Two things....

1. Can we have a forum for this please?

2. Check out this awesome playthrough from the SP campaign, including evidence that it will be drop in/drop out co-op!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Aliens-Colonial-Marines-FPS-PC-Gaming-Gearbox-software,13598.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bumping this as the game will be out in Autumn/Fall and yet there is no forum for it. Massively popular series of games (even though AVP was a poor effort) but no forums? C'mon Xbox pull your socks up!

I' sure you know that game companies have to request a forum for it to be made.

Really? Seriously? A forum for the people who can get a forum without an official request by a games house?

All due respect either your stoked up on something or the system was designed by a gentleman with a severely tiny weener and one evening decided to take it out on his fellow man. Ridiculous, when someone grows up give me a shout, in the meantime create a freaking room for what is likely to be one of he most popular games of 2012!!!

It is true. The developers or publisher has to request a forum be made for their game.

I think the question we all want answering is whether or not the Aliens come out of the god damn walls.

I wish the game was a more tactical approach. I would be more interested then. From what people have told me it is going to similar to Left 4 Dead where there are jst sheer ammounts of enemies on the screen.

Didnt like that clip. the blood on the screen and the alien blood looked very cartoonish. I hope the game isnt that scripted. cutscene, scripted sequence, shoot a few aliens, scripted sequence, kill a few more, cutscene.

I dont get why AVP got a bad rep, its an awesome game.

For the record it's not a long, difficult process that has to take place in order for a game forum to be made.  The only thing that has to be done in order for the forum to be created, is for us to ask.  Time and time again I've seen this happen.  It seems to be as simple as us asking, and the mods clicking a few buttons.  It's a pretty fast process.  All we have to do is ask the mods to create them, and they'll create them... pending we ask nicely.

With that being said, the Aliens: Colonial Marines forum is up. 

[quote user="Jedimonkey2006"]

Really? Seriously? A forum for the people who can get a forum without an official request by a games house?

All due respect either your stoked up on something or the system was designed by a gentleman with a severely tiny weener and one evening decided to take it out on his fellow man. Ridiculous, when someone grows up give me a shout, in the meantime create a freaking room for what is likely to be one of he most popular games of 2012!!!

[/quote]Oh, the Irony!

Anyway, Why do people keep saying this game is going to be L4D with Aliens? None of the footage has shown us anything like that. Valve is not even the developer. It's coming from the same company that gav e us Borderlands, Gearbox. And these guys are very passionate about the Aliens franchise and are calling this a true sequel to the movie. I think that the whole L4d comaprrison has started because people see the 4 player drop in/drop out co-op and some how equatte that to L4D. Although L4D didn't have drop in/drop out. But borderlands did.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

Why do people keep saying this game is going to be L4D with Aliens? None of the footage has shown us anything like that. Valve is not even the developer. It's coming from the same company that gav e us Borderlands, Gearbox. And these guys are very passionate about the Aliens franchise and are calling this a true sequel to the movie. I think that the whole L4d comaprrison has started because people see the 4 player drop in/drop out co-op and some how equatte that to L4D. Although L4D didn't have drop in/drop out. But borderlands did.

[/quote]The gameplay looks like Left 4 Dead to me, mostly because there are a lot of enemies on the screen at one time and they just die in a couple shots. I didn't mean it was going to be a carbon copy of Left for Dead, but I feel like it's not my sort of game. I would sooner play an Alien game where aliens are more powerful; when you see an alien you sort of are afraid that you're going to die, instead of having to see 10 at one time before you think you might die.