Aliens: Colonial Marines E3 2011 Demo (11 Minutes)

I think the game looks great visually, especially for an unfinished build. I really like the attention to detail on the environments and Colonial Marines weapons, armor and equipment, as a die hard Aliens fan.

However, I am very disappointed with the gameplay. It looks like COD with Xenos. Even though Aliens was much more action oriented than Alien, there was still atmospheric horror throughout the film. It wasn't all action.

I REALLY hope the final build is much more horror than what's in this vid.

Feel free to comment.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86ds0kFE7Y&hd=1]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Like you said the graphics are looking great, I'm now slightly more excited for this game.

Its going to be hard adding more horror to the game unless it plays slightly differently in single player. That whole vid looked grate & as long as they can get the team play right like Left4Dead & not like Halo where you are just 4 players moving in the same direction.

[quote user="DeBLAIN 02"]

Its going to be hard adding more horror to the game unless it plays slightly differently in single player. That whole vid looked grate & as long as they can get the team play right like Left4Dead & not like Halo where you are just 4 players moving in the same direction.

[/quote]

I've got a feeling the co-op will be much more Halo than Left 4 Dead in terms of a linear, follow-the-path aspect.

Already been  posted boss.

Well Halo had many areas where you could split apart and flank Enemies. While the missions were linear the battle areas in them were hardly corridor shooters like COD. I get the feeling that this will be a mix of both.

[bump for teh viewz]