Aliens Colonial Marines - Collectors Edition ?

The figurine looks cool but i guess i won't say the same about the price if end being true.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/09/shots-of-aliens-colonial-marines-39-collector-39-s-edition-apparently-leaked.aspx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'll pass on that.  Cool but don't need all the bells and whistles.  I knew I would buy this game a few months ago.  Going to be so sick... hopefully.  Said to play similar to LFD2's drop in/out co-op.  Thanks for the demo included in that page.  Haven't seen that yet.  Just the sounds of the guns and the motion tracker give me goosebumps.  Yeaaah I'm a dork lol.  I heard about the "Crusher" but haven't seen it before.  Something tells me those vs. the loaders will be very fun... 

I recently purchased Aliens on Blu-Ray and watched the 2:36-long Director's Cut the person speaking referenced.  So much extra goodness.  This game can't come soon enough!

Woah that looks cool but I'd rather just get the regular game. I'm not into paying extra for stuff I'll never use. Give me the game and I'm good to go.

Brought to you by the same retards who ruined Duke Nukem.  Let's see how the ruin Aliens...

Skeptical about this game. If it achieves the horror factor, I will be all over it! However, if it turns out to be similar to left for dead and it's not really scary, I'll be disappointed.

If it has a Dead Space 1 type of environment that would be cool. Or maybe a Condemned type of style? Idk can't think of a game that was scary to me.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

if it turns out to be similar to left for dead and it's not really scary, I'll be disappointed.[/quote]The developers themselves said it will be like LFD, especially with its moments like the horde moments in LFD where they throw everything at you at one.  That's not to say it won't be scary but best to prepare yourself for disappointment.  Having a squad with you at all times might not be what you're looking for.  

Aw :(

-

I was hoping for a more survival type game, not a full on assault.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Aw :(

-

I was hoping for a more survival type game, not a full on assault.

[/quote]Who knows maybe it will be scarier than LFD, which would please both of us.  They didn't say the entire game will play like LFD, but a lot of it will, especially the "take a stand" moments where they throw massive amounts of *hit at you.  Those plus the "crusher" enemies will "encourage co-op."  Probably won't be that scary. 

To me zombies are comical and aliens are a little more scary, so perhaps it will be more intense.  We'll see.  I agree with the person above who said they better not f this up like they did with Duke Nukem.  From what I've seen it looks at least playable but it's too early to tell.

[quote user="Advantage Camo"]

Woah that looks cool but I'd rather just get the regular game.  Give me the game and I'm good to go.

[/quote]

x2

[quote user="Thookins"]

Who knows maybe it will be scarier than LFD, which would please both of us.  They didn't say the entire game will play like LFD, but a lot of it will, especially the "take a stand" moments where they throw massive amounts of *hit at you.  Those plus the "crusher" enemies will "encourage co-op."  Probably won't be that scary.  

To me zombies are comical and aliens are a little more scary, so perhaps it will be more intense.  We'll see.  I agree with the person above who said they better not f this up like they did with Duke Nukem.  From what I've seen it looks at least playable but it's too early to tell.

[/quote] Yes because it Was Gearbox who took 12 years to develop Duke Nukem. They didn't just buy the franchise after it was declared dead and polish up the finished product they bought and package it as a game and launch it 6 months later.  So yes I see how Gearbox are responsible for *** up Duke Nukem.