Alice Madness Returns and Original.

I see in the market place that you can buy American McGee's Alice for 800 points but it says it's an add-on.  Is this correct that you have to have Madness Returns in order to play the original or can it be a stand alone game?  Also does American McGee's Alice have achievements?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I believe you do have to own Madness Returns in order to use it. You receive a code to download it for free when the new game.

The original Alice doesn't have achievements on it's own, but there are achievements for it built in with the achievements for Madness Returns. You can see all the achievements here - www.xbox360achievements.org/.../achievements

Yes, you must play Alice: madness returns in order to play the 1st game, it is labeled as an add-on in the marketplace if you bought it used/rented it. However it is free code included if you bought the game new(i did)

Thanks for the info I just have to wait to get off work to go pick my preorder up from EB.  I've seen a few reviews but what is everyone's opinion so far of Madness Returns and the HD version of the original?

i bought the add-on today and i feel totally misled as the game is not out over here til friday and i was gonna play this first to help me decide if i should get the sequel!  i paid my 800ms points only to find that i need the disc to play!!!

the item description is very misleading and i think it should say "alice madness returns game disc is required to play"  im very disappointed :(

I plan on picking this up sometime in the near future. I've never played the original, but I'm looking forward to it.

So freaking lame that this is a add-on. I really wanted this to be an XBLA game. Looks like I will be waiting till Alice Madness Returns can be found extremely cheap. Not going to take the plunge and buy it for full price without playing the first.

The original has 100g attached to it. So if you buy Returns second-hand, you'll only be able to get a maximum of 900g without buying the 'addon'

@jasonj uk - If you're going to do research on a game that you're on the fence about I'd advise you to check youtube or find videos, check websites for info to make a confident decision rather than blindly buying something and wasting your points.

Good to hear it comes free with the original. Nice reason to buy new. Can't wait to save up some cash!

Can't wait to play this game. It's awesome the origional comes with - as it was a great game too.