Alchemy is a sickness!

I just finished Frostflow Lighthouse  having finished Lost Echo Cave just before that. They are both infested by Falmer and Chaurus yet I still stopped to pick every Glowing Mushroom and empty every egg sac I saw. I finally told myself I didn' need that many chaurus eggs when i got over 250 from Frostflow and made myself leave some behind. What am I going to do with so many glowing mushrooms and chaurus eggs? I still pick flowers even when I know I have enough for now and can get more when I want them (IF I want them). Actually, the end of Frostflow made me think of THEM! and want to burn it all. Wish the game would have let me torch the egg chamber.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

lol, i just realized after playing last night and makng some poisons i have 63 deadra hearts and 300 something flowers and a handfull of ingredientsover 150,

-

im a hoarder!!!  NOOOOOO

I think it's the condition called ADOS. Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny. You know your mission, but the pretty flowers and mushrooms distract you lol

Maybe the developers did it on purpose?

Or added a special code to the game so that we would become addicted to the most mundane tasks?

Since we don't have WarCrack ... they give us SkyMeth!

I horde ebony ore.

I feel your pain.  I'm obsessively picking flowers, shrooms and chasing butterflies.  I can't STOP!  I've spent countless hours collecting.  HELP!!!!

To funny :-) I have the same problem. Pick, pluck, gather and buy everything ingredient....lug it back home and store it up in my satchel. I make Lots and lots of money building potions...Ever find yourself waiting outside the door of an ingredient/potion shop to open for business? You can find me there often...Like an alcoholic waiting for the liquer store to open.   Heck I'm picking plants During a dragon fight....I have the disease lol.

Well ... at least the good thing about collecting all ingredients:  You can make a LOT of potions and get your Alchemy skill up to 100!

HAHAHAH yes....I've waited outside so many ingredient stores that it's ridiculous.  I wish there was an option for BUY ALL!

Which reminds me of something funny....as I was going through the mundane task of buying all the ingredients from a shopkeeper, I was also texting because I'm a multi-tasker.  Well, while mindlessly pressing A,  I ended up buying all her ingredients, books, and half her potions before I realized what I was doing.  :p  Yay me!

Then I had to sell her TWO of my useless, super expensive junk potions instead of the one that I usually unload on them. :p

I checked to see what I could do with all those Chaurus eggs (they didn't sound suitable for an omelet) and found that I have to make a lot of invisibility potions. I went through everything last night and took out ingredients for things I don't need and put them somewhere else. and Put all my potions in a chest. I'm going to make one kind of each of what I use for carrying. I'm hauling too many potions and it gets old scrolling through looking for what I want in the middle of a fight. It takes me out of the moment. So I'll have just my own so there will be fewer names to scroll through. I will sell the others and try not to steal any. Simplify! That's my new watchword. Then I went out this morning gathering flowers and butterflies because I was low and need them.

Here is some recipes for potions.  www.mattgyver.com/skyrim