Alchemy for fun and profit

I gotta share this recipe in case y'all don't know it. You can make an expensive potion that sells for a lot, levels alchemy very fast  and is a great poison for marksmaen really easy and really cheap. Rummage through all the barrels and build up a supply of salt, go to Morthal and walk the swamps collecting all the Deathbells you see. They are bright purple and all over the place. Then go to Riverwood and collect all the thistle you can find. Put on any alchemy enhancing gear you have and mix those three together to get Slow with Stamina damage. It slows 50% with a duration variable and adds stamina damage. If you hit a bear in the head as it's charging, the bear will stop and stare at you as you kill it. It will significantly slow a sabre cat. But the best things is that it sells for a lot and just a few will raise your alchemy a point. The ingredients are so common and easy to get that you can bump up Alchemy as fast as your patience for mixing potions can last.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

where can you store all your stuff its weighing me down..need a nice house for it

join college of winterhold they give u room  ... room will beleft of the statue hall of attainment go in turn right first room

Thanks Lady :)

[quote user="orion796"]

where can you store all your stuff its weighing me down..need a nice house for it

[/quote]

The Breezehome in Whiterun can be purchased with 5,000 coin, but you have to complete Dragon Rising quest first though.

So, Salt + Deathbell + Thistle?

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Oh yeah, this will be perfect for my alchemist mage. Alchemy is actually really fun. Running around those Alchemy shops buying things, testing things, stealing some things off the shelves. I love it.

Death Bell and River Betty makes a damage heath and slow poison. Very strong and pricy. Also, try Giants Toe, Wheat and Blue Mountain flower, it increases health for 5mins and restores x amount of health. Also very expensive and useful. BTW: This next potion is very beneficial for mages, combine Taproot with Dwarven Oil. They have identical effects, perfect for the mage. Enjoy!

Legion, if you do the favor quests for the alchemists, like bringing the frost salts to Adriana, they will like you and a lot of what's out in the shop is free for the taking. At first it seemed like every ingredient I put in my mouth had a bad effect.

If, instead of thistle, you add troll fat you get a slow with damage health. Troll fat is usually one of the freebies in the shops. I have found River Betty hard to locate and not very plentiful when I do and they are relatively expensive to buy. I was trying to share a recipe that has free ingredients easy to locate in quantity. I have found River Betty in the lake around the Lady Stone but there weren't very many. Does anyone know where they are more common?

Nice tip, I think I have a few of those laying around.

It's fun to eat all of the crazy ingredients and have your character change into all different colors.