Alcatraz fail

I downloaded uprising. All of the multiplayer maps work fine, but when i try playing zombies on alcatraz, i can only get as far as the loading screen before the match, then my whole xbox freezes. Happens every time. Even tried redownloading the pack. Didnt work either. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Spartan! Man that sounds super frustrating.. I would suggest you checkout our Xbox Screen Freeze Solution tool.

Let us know what you find, or if you have any questions. Thanks! :D 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried the tool, deleted uprising and some other old junk on my hard drive , redownloaded uprising, and it does the same thing-freezing on the loading screen before a match on alcatraz. Wuts going on????

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there CODHaloSpartan7,

May I ask, is your game disc in good condition?  This may sound like an odd question for a game add-on, however, while additional content is a download, many of the game assets - textures, game mechanics - come from the game disc.  If your disc has scratches or is otherwise damaged in some way, it will impact on the loading of the game DLC too.

Here's what you can try:

Cleaning the game disc.  Try the map again.  Does it load now?
Installing the Black Ops 2 game disc to your hard drive.
Using a friends copy of the game to see if the content loads using their disc.

Get back to us on how you get on.  Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Disc is perfect, tried my buddie's and still no luck

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay then, two other things to try:

Option 1. Requires an external storage device

USB Flash drive.  Try downloading the map pack directly to a USB Flash drive.  To do so you will need a Flash drive configured for Xbox storage and with sufficient storage available (1.73GB to be precise).  It is also advisable that your storage device passes the Xbox speed test when it is configured.

To download directly to external Xbox storage, you need to choose to download something else from the Marketplace first - it doesn't matter what you choose.  Straight after adding the first item, add your map pack to the queue.  Go to your active downloads from within the Xbox mini-Guide.  You will notice that the map pack is 'pending'.  Press A on the pending download, select 'Change storage device' and select your external drive.  Cancel the first download.  Your map pack will now download directly to the external storage.  See if your map loads up now.

Option 2.

If you don't have a Flash drive or external hard drive, first delete your map pack from the hard drive.  Go to the Xbox LIVE marketplace and download a demo, doesn't matter what demo you choose, but a 1GB demo is best.  When the demo has downloaded, re-download your map pack again.  Does it work now?

The reason for downloading a demo or a game first is to test your Xbox hard drive. Since after the demo has been downloaded, the map pack would be stored on a different section of the hard drive.

If you're still having problems post back.  Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.