Alan Wake

I just found Alan Wake on Amazon for £8.97 WP&P and was wondering if considering the price being soo cheap, is it any good? A mate brought it over to mine when it first came out but I never really had good a chance to really play it.

I was also wondering if the DLC for it is any good?

I'v been looking for a good single player game recently, how long without speed running though the game does it take on average to complete?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It's ok.

I completed it in about 3 days.  Not sure how much game time that was.

That's a toss up dude. To be honest I didn't like the game. The story was interesting but I constantly ran out of ammo and found myself running from light post to light post. It got old really fast.

http://www.SquadXP.com

I liked it. It has some issues with using the right gun on the right enemy to conserve ammo for bigger weapons, ie using the pistol for all the little guys. The graphics are good though Alan's wife looks wierd, the story is great, there's plenty of exploration, and many beautifully frantic moments. In my opinion, it's a must have for 360.

Alan Wake is a very good game with a great story and an eerie feel to it however some people felt the gameplay was repetitive. Overall one play through of the story will take you around 7-10 hours depending on how you play but if you want to collect all of the manuscript pages it will take you 2 play throughs.

Personally I really enjoyed Alan Wake it was a very fun game with an interesting story but if you are looking for a combat heavy game or one that will take you weeks to complete this isn't the one for you.

[quote user="StanleyStutters"]

Alan Wake is a very good game with a great story and an eerie feel to it however some people felt the gameplay was repetitive. Overall one play through of the story will take you around 7-10 hours depending on how you play but if you want to collect all of the manuscript pages it will take you 2 play throughs.

Personally I really enjoyed Alan Wake it was a very fun game with an interesting story but if you are looking for a combat heavy game or one that will take you weeks to complete this isn't the one for you.

[/quote]

I already have a number of haevy combat games. Black Ops, Battlefields. I like story driven single player games. Been looking for a good online game to play that I dont already own or have already completed via rental.

Wots the DLC like?

opps ****a good off-online game to play****