ALAN WAKE: NIGHT SPRINGS

According to the website XBLAfans there's a very strong rumour going around that the next Alan Wake game will be an xbox live arcade release subtitled " NIGHT SPRINGS ", this comes after recent comments from REMEDY stating that the next game was in the works, but would not be a direct sequel, and would allow those not familiar with the franchise to jump on board.

Sounds like a good way of bridging the gap and keeping us Alan Wake fans happy before a full blown sequel arrives - I cant wait!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would love an XBLA with Wake.  I really enjoyed the game and the story and absolutely ate up both DLC's.  Not sure about the rumor of it being Kinect enabled but I hope it comes to fruition.  I'd spend some MSP without hesitation.

but we'd still be getting a sequel eventually right???

Dont bet on it, Alan wake did not sell anywhere near what it should have/ what they hoped it would.

I think its lucky we even get this. I loved Alan Wake, but that game was a flop im afraid

The rumoured night springs game is being worked on by a small slice of the REMEDY team, with the rest hard at work on another game - hopefully Alan Wake 2 .

Keep the faith people!

MyNameIsInig might be right... :/ but ill keep hope alive cause you never know!

[quote user="MynameisInig0"]

Dont bet on it, Alan wake did not sell anywhere near what it should have/ what they hoped it would.

I think its lucky we even get this. I loved Alan Wake, but that game was a flop im afraid

[/quote]True.  Sam Lake said he wants three full games in the series but that of course is based on sales.  Doesn't look so good.  It truly is a shame that such a great game went so far under the radar.  Also true we're lucky we're getting this one.

Let us hope the fate of Alan Wake will not become the same as Max Payne's fate.  The first two were absolutely amazing.  They had the same unique, somewhat quirky feel that Alan Wake has.  Remedy sold the rights of MP to Rockstar after the second game.  Don't get me started on the *** horrible MP movie.  I'm sure the third title under their control will be great but it WILL NOT have the same good old Remedy feel.

Well, according to Wikipedia, they gave a Fall 2011 for the expected release of what ever this is, so I can guarantee something will be a E3 about it, of they keep their promise's.

That's awsome news I love Alan Wake even tho it will be XBLA 

Im both excited about stepping into the Alan Wake universe once more, and a little worried this may be our last foray into it. Not to mention a little concerned about what the game actually is seeing as its on xbla. Though I have some theories on that:

1. The xbla game is a swansong to Alan Wake and its the devs saying goodbye to a great franchise that never got to go to fruition thanks to lacklustre sales and men in suits not allowing another game to be made.

2. The xbla arcade game is a marketing thing thats actually going to be there to promote the real next Alan Wake game. It will be cheap, it will be short, it will be an ok experience but its primarily there to set the scene for AW2. WHich will release in Q4 2011, at a push Q1 2012.

3. xbla game will be another great addition to the AW franchise and will be good enough to hold us off until the eventual release of AW2, which will still be a long way off. Perhaps Q1 to 2 2012. The game itself will be great and do the source material justice.

I know its a copout to come up with so many theories but its really how I see it and because everything is cloaked in darkness (just like the game) its so hard to really see whats actually going on here. I want to hope that option 3 is the right one, but I just have a strong feeling of dread that either its a bad mini game or even worse thats its a combination of both that its both a bad xbla game and also a swansong to Alan Wake altogether.

It would be a tragedy if we dont get to see more of the alan wake universe in another full blown release.

I just hope it does the Universe justice... I hope it doesn't feature Alan himself, I hope it features the likes of Sheriff Breaker and some of the other untold stories of Bright Falls, and the mysteries behind the NIGHT SPRINGS catch phrase that was never answered in the original...

and even if they are saving all the great story lines for AW2 then I hope its like a small multiplayer experience... I feel that the Alan Wake community is so passionate and so enthralled in the great story that is ALAN WAKE, that giving us an online multiplayer co-op experience with headsets would be really great, cause we would all be there for a common cause, with common interests, and you wouldn't get the usual backchat immature SH*T that you get on other multiplayer games

Maybe set as a prequel as Sheriff Breaker, Ed Mayne and some other citizens take up arms against the dark forces the first time they were released (as its obvious in the game they have seen this type of thing before)

either way whatever they choose to do with it, im sure it will be great...

PS: even though the sales for AW werent through the roof as they wanted on a 6 year project... it still managed to win a tonne of awards, i think even just that alone should be encouragement enough to release a second title