Alan Wake 2 To Release On The Next Xbox?

Also not just Remedy but also Lionhead, Rare and Turn 10 working on next gen Xbox games? Could this be the reason why there weren't many Xbox 360 exclusives this year and next? O.o

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321218/alan-wake-2-being-readied-for-xbox-720-rumour/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Good point kid.

I'm giving you 5 stars Crazy, I liked that article. It makes me think that the lineup of games set to release next holiday (Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite) could be the last of this generation. Could we be seeing a new console for the 2013 or 2014 holiday?

I just hope they do it right. Dont rush to be first to the market and your hardware isnt up to par with what Sony, Nintendo and or Google and Apple will release.

Can't wait for the next console.

Sounds awesome, I'm now fully pumped, loved the first Alan Wake, even if I did get it later. Still need to finish the free DLC I got with it.

I can wait for the next Xbox as I'll be getting the Wii U or however it's called.  Don't want to spend too much too soon.

Huh... it has been almost 10 years now, hasn't it?

Okay, let's step back a second and look at this whole thing objectively.  

Xbox World magazine wrote this as "sensationalist" article.  Anything with the words "insider", or "anonymous source" should be taken with a grain of salt.  As long as technology moves forward and Microsoft will make money the next Xbox console is inevitable.   This is a given.  This is what has happened since the mid 1970's.  There is nothing new.   It's just a question of when it will not if. 

People who write these "we have more evidence to back up our claims there is a next gen console coming" are akin to an entertainment reporter saying some actress will be wearing some expensive dress to an awards show....well, thank you Captain Obvious.

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]but also Lionhead, Rare and Turn 10 working on next gen Xbox games?[/quote]So, companies that are owned by Microsoft would be developing games for a Microsoft console?  This is surprising...why?

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]Could this be the reason why there weren't many Xbox 360 exclusives this year and next?[/quote]Except for Lionhead, who released a game in late 2010, and will release another one in 2013 for the Xbox 360, each of the companies listed there have released or will be releasing games in 2011.

Lionhead: Fable 3 (2010)

Rare: Kinect Sports

Turn 10: Forza Motorsport 4

It wasn't because of the third gen Xbox there wasn't more games, it is because they were busy on the games above.  The actual reason Sony has more exclusives now is simple.  They own more developer, nothing more.

what about sega's steel battalion? releasing on 2012 and those are exclusives

I think the next Xbox will be announced at the 2012 E3 and released late 2013. This ties in with the next Forza and Battlefield release dates. I think that there will also be a Halo or Gears of War game as well.  Releasing with these heavy hitters would give the new system a lot of momentum. And these games in native 1080P on a much more powerful Xbox would be truly awesome to see.