Akuma's Tatsumaki...

I've come across a few people recently who do nothing but this and reading around it would appear it's because it can become an infinite if done right. I got caught in it once and could do nothing but block as trying to attack resulted in me getting hit. Anyone know how I'd go about punishing it and I mean really punishing it? I play Wolverine, Ryu and Dante and the only thing I've come up with is an airborne Fatal Claw or Shin Hadouken which doesn't really punish all that much.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

On the second-to-last kick of Tatsumaki, Advance Guard then punish (if he activates a HC at this point, try to use one that has invulnerability frames as well).

Akuma's Tatsumaki Kick takes takes priority over a lot of other moves....most in fact. You can only infinite loop it if you activate it as a level 3 X-Factor in which you can link up to 7 light tatsu kicks (which is enough to kill anyone in the cast). I would agree with Keroken your best bet is to advance guard towards the end of the kick because if you do it too early he'll just keep coming at you. The worst thing you could do is try and interupt it with a normal move or overhead as you'll just end up getting hit. The only real sure fire way is if you have a beam in which that may stop him.

Another thing to keep in mind is that akuma's mestu-shoryuken super is completely invincible so if you see that coming don't try and interrupt it istead wait it out and attack after the last uppercut.