Air Support Killers

Anybody else here make it their mission to kill all enemy air support?  I just got my 1000th stinger kill (not the one for just choppers) last night.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In all previous CoD's I did.  In this one air support doesn't bother me.  If it comes out I stick to areas it can't get me.  If my teamates are feeding it I'll shoot it down with my gun.

Used to do so all the time, but I don't bother anymore. Had a thousand kills ages ago but since no-one ever did when I put it down, I refuse to help ignorant [MOD EDIT] who insist on running out and being killed by it.

The second I want to use a secondary that isn't a Stinger, it's a free reign for Air Support, apparently.

Yeah, it looks like not many people want to carry stingers, anymore.

same, had a stinger on almost every class in mw2, this one i dont usually bother

Put me into the category that enjoys shooting choppers out of the sky!

Just went over my 3,000th kill recently.

Happy Gaming! - Noir Hawk 42

[quote user="Noir Hawk 42"]

Put me into the category that enjoys shooting choppers out of the sky!

Just went over my 3,000th kill recently.

Happy Gaming! - Noir Hawk 42

[/quote]

Cool! 

I especially like shooting down the care package choppers before they can make the drop.  You have to be in the absolute correct position though.

i'm usually the guy that's staring out past the borders of the map aiming at choppers that haven't even got within shooting distance. and love when the enemy calls in strafe runs it's a easy way to get thru my streaks, one shot from a stinger will take out half the run.

I shoot down pretty much everything thats put up with my L86 LSW. No need for Stingers :D

I never really cared about aitr support before. I have always kept a stealth class available, and in team matches I would take them down if my teammates needed it. But as a stealthy type person, I hate launchers. I'm pretty good at making myself nearly unnoticeable when sniping, even if I dont have a ghuille suit, but a launcher on your back is like having an arrow pointing at you. Not only that, as a sniper/camper kind of person, I use smoketrails to locate enemies. I've killed the enemy many times going by nothing but the origin of the smoketrail.

Now, its a different story. ......... like noble, I find that an lmg is great for air support. I can put a thermal on it and still enjoy my nearly-invisible status if nothing is in the air. Granted, firing 50 to 100 shots at a osprey frequently means getting killed., but I dont have to die to switch classes any more. ................ and for some reason, I just find it more satisfying to take it down with an lmg than a launcher.

with the availability  of the sam turret stingers are pretty much redundant