Ah! Solution!

I didn't get an answer to my one-of-many-posts post, so I went digging thru similar problems to mine (freezing solitaire games). Here's what they came up with for me:

First I uninstalled Microsoft Solitaire, then I ran dxdiag and it said there was a problem with the digital signature of my sound card because the driver wasn't WHQL-logo'd. Greek to me but went to the Realtek web site. No help there so I went into windows update. I have WIN 8.1, and I found a list of failed updates and there it was. So I downloaded and updated the driver. What sound had to do with freezing I dunno but oh well. I followed the lead.

I restarted then ran wsreset.exe. It took me to the store where I downloaded Solitaire again and Voila! It works. I know, because I tested it for hours lol.

In have Windows 8.1 on an HP laptop. Can't think of other relevant info but hopes this might help somebody.

Thanks for being here!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

This is fantastic- thanks so much for sharing this. I'll add it to our Knowledge Base and hopefully it will help others. If you run into any more problems, just let me know. :)

I'm so glad! I got it by putting together answers to posts here. So I should be thanking you!

I do what I can. I'm trying to get FAQs up on all of our forums & our Facebook pages with this kind of valuable information so people can get it all in one go.