again...the alternative you should really concider

Many months ago someone posted a topic on the future of gaming. I posted then and there that the 360 was pretty much done and that the wise thing to do was to save up for a competent gaming pc. Because that will be the place to be for hardcore gamers from 2012 and up...

Why?

- Microsoft Game Studios and Ubisoft are on record as saying they are looking at Windows for their lead platform in the future. As a matter of fact it has already been confirmed the follow up to W7 will have gaming as a major intergration of the OS.

- Sony has publically stated not a week ago that the follow up to the PS3 is indead in the works but WILL NOT be a giant generational leap like last time. The PS3 has cost them so dearly they will not be making a similarly large investment in the future. If you're looking to make a leap, don't count on a next gen console.

- Xbox 360..... seriously, anyone excited after this years E3 has either started gaming last week, is a Halo fanboy or a 6 year old with a shiny new Kinect. There's not a single reason for anyone else to be excited. 

I know some people are put off by PC gaming but you should know that these days almost all multiplatform titles feature out of the box 360 controller support and most graphics cards have HDMI outputs for easy connection to your tv. The age where PC gaming was for Key and mouse wielding deskjockey's has long gone. You basically build your own console. If anyone wants advise on building a modestly priced futureproof consolekiller just PM me. I still believe it really is the way to go for hardcore gamers from 2012 and up...

cheers DsK

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nah, I'll stay. Thanks though. I just have too much fun with what I have at my disposal. While MS' E3 wasn't too good, I'm still excited for games (most are coming out Q4 or late Q3). If I end up switching to PC, it'll be because most of my friends have done so and/or there are no fun games anymore on the 360.

With the exception of Halo Reach the games on my last played list are all the PC versions of those games that I bought new on disc 30% cheaper than the consoleversions. They all run at actual 1080p at a crystalclear 60fps are playable with the 360 controller and are fully Live enabled. That's why they show up in my played list. You earn the same achievements that add up to your gamerscore and can chat with your friends in the exact same manner as on 360. That means the exact same fun...

Just something to concider

Too many haters around. I swear, they just can't be happy. Maybe they should just give up gamin, cause their new obsession is moanin like a spoiled child.

Im not wasting my time or money on PC gaming.

PC gaming is where it's at anyway.

I'll never go back to PC gaming.  Constant upgrading every time a new game comes out.  That's why I got a 360 in the first place 5 years ago.

When that happens i'll stick with other console as simple as that.

Sorry i rather spend $2000 and my time on rebuilding my truck instead of spending it on a computer just to play games on.

I don't know man...Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster for Kinect is looking pretty hardcore.  I think the future of gaming has finally arrived. 

[quote user="fotyfoe"]

I don't know man...Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster for Kinect is looking pretty hardcore.  I think the future of gaming has finally arrived. 

[/quote]It might be hardcore if you played as Oscar the Grouch and you were given a shot gun to do as you please but other than that....