Afraid

My Copy of Dead Space 3 Has Not Arrived But Just Went To Metacritic and Saw That It Had a 79% Feel Like I'm Gonna Regret Purchasing This Game Before The Reviews

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I did that in the demo too. But that doesn't really change how they feel. Never once when I was playing the demo did I thin to myself "wow is this weapon cool". They all feel like weak guns with no personality like they use to. I feel like they're not even worth mentioning.

"My weapon reloads faster! SO DIFFERENT!"

[/quote]Actually I just constructed myself "Mjolnir" and this thing is a beast.

Well i think in this case you are seeing what you want to see, I made a Line gun crossed with an assault rifle in the demo, and it was weak, until I figured out how to make upgrades for it and slot them in, then it was pretty nice. I loved it, and will probably make something similar in the game when I pick it up later today.

Maybe you want them to feel like they did on DS1 and 2 when you finish the game and they are fully maxed out. But just like the previous 2 games they are going to start out weak, and then you upgrade them into something good.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]Most who are speaking on it haven't even played the actual game...[/quote]For myself, no I did not play the Retail Game as the Demo left such a terrible aftertaste. I'll just play it safe and either not play it ever or simply wait until it's dirt cheap.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

factor out all 10s and 0s before taking metacritic scores.

[/quote]I have to do math before buying a Game?! Why can't I just try something like a Demo or maybe the Game itself and just see if I like it or hate it?

Learn to think for yourself and not be told.

Check it out when it finally arrives and let people know what you think and why you think it.

Who gives a toss what Metacritic think?

Reviews can offer information and perspective but only you can be sure if you're enjoying the game or not.

Az

If you feel that way do what I do. If I'm not 100 on a game and the reviews are not that great (a 79 is by no means bad it's actually pretty good), I just rent it. I've been in your shoes before too where I already bought it and it arrived and I wasn't sure,  I drop by a redbox pick it up if it's there and play it for the night. If I like it but not $60 like it,  I send it back and either just don't get it or wait for a price drop. As for DS3 it arrived from Amazon at 11am, still unopened on my desk. I read the Kotaku review this morning and I typically agree with them so, it'll sit there til I go and rent it tomorrow and form my own opinion.

Demos do have a description that reads. "Not an accurate depiction of the final product." Just want to reiterate that. I didn't realize people put so much stock in them tbh.  

factor out all 10s and 0s before taking metacritic scores.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]Will get it when it hits $20 or below.[/quote]Maybe then as well. Either pass all together or wait until it's dirt cheap.

Afraid, you will be...

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0]