Advice

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure I'm stuck here, but I figured this was more or less a last ditch effort.  

I was friends with a guy on xbl for quite a while.  Played a bunch of zombies with him and a few other mutual xbl friends.   One day he said he was going to try to trade in a bunch of games to gamestop so he could get $20 to be able to have enough money to buy Season pass on Blops2.  One of the games he was selling was Battlefield 3, and they were going to give him $4 for it.  I figured I'd help him out (and me too) and just buy it from him for $20, since I didn't have it.  He talked to his mom, who told me she would ship it for him, so I got a $20 microsoft card and sent it to him.  I know this is the part you tell me I shouldn't have trusted him, but he seemed like a nice kid plus his mom said she'd mail it for him.

Fast forward a week or so and I didn't get the game.  I send him a message asking him about it, he said she was only able to send it on the weekend because she worked during the day.  Fine, whatever, I'm in no rush.  Fast forward about another week and a half.  We're still playing zombies.  In fact he'd bought Season Pass and we were playing.  Fast forward to about a week ago.  He unfriended me on xbl and won't return any messages.  I've talked to some mutual friends, and they've said that he says to them that I only got him a $10, so he didn't send it (he still plays BF3).  I have receipts that clearly show it's a $20 card, and he's used it already.  

So in all honesty, I'm here just seeing if there's anything anyone can do.  Upon request, I can supply you with screenshots of the purchase, messages or anything you need.  I don't know if putting his name on here is considered personal information, so I can message you his name if you need.  I'm just not sure if there's anything else I can do besides come here and ask.

Thanks in advance,

RageCageRunner

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

It's a tough situation. Since this is a private matter that has nothing to do with the people at Microsoft, you'd have to resolve this on your own.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, there really isn't anything that can be done unless you can find a way of getting in touch with him again. That's why trading anything over Live like that is not recommended.

Sorry this didn't help.

That might actually be considered against the Terms of Service for use of trading for MSP, which is a bannable offense..

•Don’t use your account for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, trading services or in-game content for currency or Microsoft Points).

Sorry this didn't help.

Raett is possibly correct, this is probably a bannable offense. But honestly, you shouldn't have trusted a guy you didn't know in real life.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I knew the risk going into it.  I know one of his irl friends on xbl, so maybe I'll reach out to him.

Sorry this didn't help.