Adding a game exception for an Indie game

I purchased an Indie game for my son.  It was listed as unrated.  Due to my settings, it requires my passcode each time he wants to play it.  Is there a way to bypass this?  I found the setting for game exceptions.  It said to enter my passcode once I start the game, and I would have the option of adding it to an exception list to bypass the code.  I have tried this, but when I enter my passcode, I am not given the option to add this game to the exception list.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Right, are you using a Family Gold account?

There shouldn't be any reason for indie games to work differently when it comes to Safe guarding and setting game exceptions.

I have a family gold account, though we're all old enough not to use restrictions, so I've just set it up to see where the issue is.

So, I went into family settings, content controls.

I turned them on at the top.

Then I started up the game (On the 'parent' profile, not the childs) and it prompted me for the code.

I inputted the code and almost instantly the option to add the game (in this case Halo 4) to the exceptions.

So, just to be clear on whats happening:

Did you use YOUR account to start the game up when wanting to add to exceptions?

And the option didn't appear after following these steps?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have family acct.  My son can't get the indie games to have an exception with the family restrictions on.  Why are the security setting so cludgey?

Sorry this didn't help.

Heya Spizz. Please create a new thread detailing your exact issue, as well as any troubleshooting you have tried, and we will get right on it. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.