Adding a credit card

I am new to XBOX Live. I just received an e-mail telling me that I can get 2 months of XBOX live for $2, so I wanted to take advantage of it. BUT....when I try to add my debit card (the only card I have), it keeps telling me that my card number is invalid. I have used this card for well over a year now and know there's nothing wrong with it. I even used it earlier today to pay some bills and have never had any problems. What's going on here?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have exactly the same issue because I refuse to use a credit card on the net, I only use debit cards. I was unable to add the number of the card to pay, nor was I able to use paypal which is backed by the same card. When I contacted support I was told that the issuse might be the inability of Microsoft to trigger the automatic renewal (precisely what I want to happen - I prefer to be alerted to a subscription due rather than find an unwanted bill has been paid!). Support gave me a local number to telephone but they are closed until Monday. I'll let you know what happens then.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I spoke to the support line and was guided through the process. Basically problems had arisen because I had not completed all the information requested of me. For example I had declined to list my phone number and I hadn't bothered with choosing a memorable question. Once I had added these, the support guy took my debit card details and now it all works fine. I hope this helps you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.