Add a Payment

Greetings,

I am very confused right now.  I am trying to purchase a Mash up Pack for my son, but since I am in the "transition period" of the converting of the family account it seems to be screwed up.  I cannot add a payment option to his account except for a pre paid card.  I have contacted xbox about this and was told that if I buy it and move my profile to his xbox it will work, but as soon as I moved my profile back the download reverts to the trial version.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

No what you want to do is put your gamertag on your son's Xbox then purchase the game.

Doing it this way will give your son's Xbox the console license of the game purchase, thus allowing him to play it

Then you can put your profile back on your Xbox, if it ever reverts back to a trial do this

Put your profile back on his Xbox then go to System > Account and select License Transfer and complete the transfer and download your stuff to his Xbox to get the license and allow him to play

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there TigerShark,

OllyBongo is pretty much spot on. Purchasing the game on his console using your profile will let him play there. Alternatively, you can use a pre-paid points card using his account to add money to his Microsoft Account and he can use that to purchase the game using his account.

One thing to be aware of with the License Transfer. Your licenses for ALL of your game licenses will transfer to the new console and there is a 4 month waiting period before you can transfer again. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.