Activision has got to sort this stat reset problem...

I've bought every COD game.  Yet I don't think I'll buy another activision game ever after this experience (had to break the bad news to my son who wants Skylanders Giants-I promised I'd make it up to him by buying him a WII U and any 2 games that aren't made by activision).

This is too frustrating.  My stats were reset  by the server in my 3rd prestige and I lost all my tokens and custom classes.  It is unacceptable that activision won't edit your account back to its former state.  I can't get any of the customer support team nor find a way to e-mail/chat them for an answer.  I've decided that if thier answer is I have to spend two more days re-earning everything, they will never get another dime from me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm surprised your kid isn't more pissed than you.

First off. I've never boosted in my life.  I don't see the point. So yes you did read it wrong.

Second. I was level 13 3rd prestige when I logged in and the screen said "Your stats and level have been reset".  When I finally got in the game, I was still level 13 in my 3rd prestige but both custom classes I'd earned and all the perks I unlocked were gone. The server came back later and restored my 2 permanent unlock tokens. It also gave me the opportunity to select one prestige award. So I did get one custom slot back but the other is gone.  Also, now that my tokens and other unlocked perks are gone, I may be level 13, but I have to play as if I am level 4 prestige because blind eye, fast hands, killstreaks, and everything I had unlocked are gone and need to be re-earned at each level.

Third.  I am not punishing my kid for Activision's failure.  I am teaching him to do something people fail to do nowadays....vote with your wallet.  When I call activision's customer support line and they repeatedly hang up or shut the line down due to volume of calls that tells me two things: 1. The money I spend on their products is not important so I need to find a company that it is important to.  2. The company is so bad that the complaints they are recieving regarding their products are shutting down their system. 3. The most costly thing for any company in the long run is a lost customer. Whoever develops the games, activision produces, distributes and makes profit off of them.  What happens to their profits when customers decide not to associate with anything they are a part of? Basically the developers go elsewhere. So long-term, refusing to support anything they are behind kills them. A lot of people have forgotten that, I haven't. Lastly, I'm saving my kid from the fustration he will inevitably encounter dealing with them in the future.  Have you read the mounting complaints regarding Skylanders Giants?  Sorry, I'm not up for buying my kid a badly supported product and then watching his dissapointment regarding it.

Lastly, I went to a gamers forum to let fellow gamers know the frustrations I was having with their product and seeing who if anyone was experiencing the same thing. I've since learned it wasn't neccessary because other forums on other sites have repeatedly shown me what I now know. Activision doesn't take their products or customers seriously.  If you own stock in them, I suggest you sell. Because in business, that is usually the begining of the end.

Heh.  Sounds like you're throwing a bigger temper tantrum than your kid.  Good for him!

And, instead of going through the OFFICIAL support channels and see if they can help you, you chose to betch and whine in a forum board not read by anyone in support or the devs. I follow your logic, OPie. Perfectly.

OP, I get you're not happy with the game and I can agree that the product is not what I would like it to be. That said, I would point out that every release has had its issues.

-

I hope it works out for you and that  you are happy with the results... Good luck to you.

i got reset last night. 15 lvls away from master prestige. was i upset? nope, i actually started laughing. 6-7 day ban. did i boost? sort of. i held my own FFA matches with my friends but did not use custom games. o'well, lesson learned. i look at the birght side. i now get to spend the next few days grinding out the last 35 challenges needed to gain "Giant Accomplishment" though will admit  not being able to play zombies the next few nights will be tough to live with.

[quote user="Abadon"]

I've bought every COD game.  Yet I don't think I'll buy another activision game ever after this experience (had to break the bad news to my son who wants Skylanders Giants-I promised I'd make it up to him by buying him a WII U and any 2 games that aren't made by activision).

This is too frustrating.  My stats were reset  by the server in my 3rd prestige and I lost all my tokens and custom classes.  It is unacceptable that activision won't edit your account back to its former state.  I can't get any of the customer support team nor find a way to e-mail/chat them for an answer.  I've decided that if thier answer is I have to spend two more days re-earning everything, they will never get another dime from me.

[/quote]

While I think your mind and heart are correct in how you are thinking and feeling, I feel your view of what your teaching your son is totally wrong. All COD's had issues - look at the leaderboards. As long as online gaming is around there will be these type os issues. Eventually when you put in to place what you are teaching your son - then eventually eveything will become taboo. Bought a bad car? No more money for that company. My Stove died early? No mor emoney for that company. Of course these are just examples.

If you want a good (or should I say bad) example then try Blizzard customer support. You are on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes and most of the times are greeted with hold que is full and disconnected. I still enjoy the game because of the people. Comcast - AT&T- Sprint - Facebook are all equally were voted the worst customer service companies this year. Does this mean you will drop everything from them also? The point being is- it is just a game. If you play with your son and enjoy it - then the stats or level does not mean anything. Eventually with your attitude will isolate you from buying anything. There is a huge difference in boycotting a company for a moral or ethical issue versus a stat inside a game.

Again Perspective

So you get caught boosting, then get reset, then threaten Cr4ptivision to give your stats back or you wont purchase their products anymore? Maybe I read it wrong.

You probably accidentally chose to reset your stats when prestiged. Happened to my buddy and he lost everything too.

So you lost rank 13? Thats like 2 or 3 games to get back. Get over it. Try the Treyarch forums, this is Xbox and they cant help you here. This forum has nothing to do with the game, besides discussion.