Act of Valor

If you enjoy military movies and no non-sense, hardcore people. You definitely need to see this movie. It will also give you a sense that these guys do their job not for the gov't but for their families and the families of their fellow soldiers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How would you rate that film? 1 being horrid and 10 being perfect?

I just read the action was awesome but the slow moments that called for acting was kinda bad.

Yeah saw a trailer, huge war movie buff so looks good.

I heard about this movie on FPSrussia's channel. He did a recreation of it, it was pretty awesome. :)

I wanna see it!

Commercials made it look good. Of course, nowadays, that means beyond nothing. I'll probably end up renting it or just watching it on Netflix or something. Anymore, I find the only 2 good reasons to go see a movie in a theater are (1) 3D or (2) taking out a girl. Otherwise, I'll play a video game and wait for it to come out on dvd/bluray/netflix/whatever.

[quote user="DriedPooh"]

I just read the action was awesome but the slow moments that called for acting was kinda bad.

[/quote]

To those that have been in the military or are still serving. You will understand the slow parts and can see the true emotions of those parts. And if you have not been in any military service, you can still understand it by being away from loved ones. But seeing real active duty military acting out these parts. It gives a new light on the action military film genre. The scenes do not look forced, it definitely looks like things those men and women would say in those situations(minus a little more cursing). I had a blast watching it and do not want to give away any parts of the movie to those that want to see it. But whether going to see it during the day(which should be $7 bucks most anywhere) or renting it. Everyone that likes military FPS games should see it.

QQ: THey claim the actors are real SpecOps dudes, but I've heard that SpecOps dudes are not allowed to give out their identities in the public media.  So are these real SpecOps dudes, or former SpecOps dudes or is the movie just blatantly lying about them being SpecOps dudes?

I guess you can't know their names but you can see their faces..... Kinda odd to me.

Someone on IMBD rated it  "Gripping battle realism like a Tom Clancy wet dream".  There aren't as many ratings as of yet but so far the A-Team is beating them in rank.

Best Military Movie I've ever seen in my life time was a movie called Full Metal Jacket.