Act 5 - Chapter 6 on Insane (some spoilers, maybe)

Quite possibly the hardest boss fight in the Gears of War series (to do on Insane, solo). Took me alot of attempts, even using the Super Reload mutator (very, very useful, especially against the annoying Gunkers and Drudges) it was infuriating. I'd get so far only to be gunned down by a shrieker or palace guard, that or I'd run out of ammo, both for the lancer and the hammer of dawn.

Glad I'll never have to do that again. What does everyone else think of the fight?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Also a shame there were no gamerpics for beating it on hardcore\insane like the previous games.

Im at that part myself but im not bothering using any mutators personally think its rather cheap and an easy way out. At the last checkpoint i have given in for tonight will give it another shot tomorrow :(. I hear alot people say its down to luck whether the enemies go for you or just go for your team mates

I honestly don't think Super Reload worked on the Tempest. It worked on the Palace Guards but for the Tempest I was using the same amount of ammo to take her down as I was without the Mutator.

[quote user="ST33VZY"]

I honestly don't think Super Reload worked on the Tempest. It worked on the Palace Guards but for the Tempest I was using the same amount of ammo to take her down as I was without the Mutator.

[/quote]

The super reload I wouldn't think would help much with the Queen....but get you're hands on the infinate ammo mutator! That would at least eliminate the death run for ammo during the later stages of the fight.

Im just sick to death of her breaking through the glass or whatever as Im pumping every bit of ammo I have into her back. Bad enough living the entire time running for ammo and such for her to do that.

Super reload and mutators? what are you guys talking about?

[quote user="busta87"]

Im at that part myself but im not bothering using any mutators personally think its rather cheap and an easy way out. At the last checkpoint i have given in for tonight will give it another shot tomorrow :(. I hear alot people say its down to luck whether the enemies go for you or just go for your team mates

[/quote]That really is true. When I was in that same part, the Gunker would sometimes go only after me with pinpoint accuracy and sometimes he would ignore me completely. I also didn't use mutators. The hardest part for me was right before you highjack the Gas Barge in Act II and you have to fend off the Therons. The Therons weren't the hard part, the hard part was the Barge itself shooting it's cannons. 

send message, friend request to  Romanowski4...I'm stuck there as well on insane

It is ridiculous... I wanted to kill myself

the last boss is really easy not with super reload on arcade its easier to start a coop game with friends on standard mode and 3 of u choose casual and u choose insane 5 mins the bumble bee is down thats the easiest way ! : )