Achievement/Vidmaster not working! Please help!

I am a Lieutenant in Halo 3 and was wondering why I didn't get the vidmaster achievement: Lightswitch, and the achievement: Spartan Officer. I have them as an icon on my profile, but not unlocked as achievements. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Also, it wont give me the Headshot honcho achievement, and no, I don't suck, I get 10 headshots easy in SWAT, and I have also tried to get this specifically in every campaign level, and it wont give it to me in every situation. Would like some help please.

Headshot Honcho must be done with a Sniper Rifle. Try The Ark, since you get given a Snipe, or the first mission, where you can pick two up off a crashed Pelican.

For Lightswitch, I believe you need 50 EXP in a single playlist. Easy enough, just takes time. Best done in Social Slayer, since it's where the majority of the population remains.

Thank you, thats a big help. Do you know why it didn't give me Spartan Officer? Or do I need to hit 25 exp. in one playlist.

For Spartan Officer you had to be a Lieutenant, which is 70 EXP (might be 50 now, but they changed it at some point and I was past it) and 10 Highest Skill.

____

I'd aim to get 50 EXP in a single Playlist and, ideally, have 10 HS when it happens. If both don't unlock, come back or search online, but I think 50 EXP in one playlist should unlock them both. If not, 70 might do it.

Okay, sounds good. I'll have to try that. I'm 17 highest skill and 28 exp. in Lone Wolfs, and 19 exp. in Social Slayer.

Another question, what is the best way to get Highest Skill and what does it require to get more. Does it mean MVP'ing or beating someone with a higher HS or what K/D I get. I can't figure it out. I got MVP with two 50 HS in lobby (very poor sports BTW) and it didn't get me a higher HS, but several games later I got higher. And other times I'll just be doing OK and I'll HS two or three times in about a 7 hour time frame. Just wondering. These are true stories BTW.

Increasing your Highest Skill depends only on whether you win or lose. You could win but go -49 and still go up. MVP also means nothing, and it's the same with medals.

How much you go up and whether you will go up or not depends on your team, your profile and your opponents. It's difficult to explain, but I'll give it a bit of a shot.

Every player's Ranked progress gets recorded. If you've played more games, both Ranked and Social, you rank up more slowly. This is because you have more experience at the game in general, so they treat you as a better player and slow you down a bit.

If you win lots of games in a row quite often, Social or Ranked, you go up more slowly (though this is less obvious in Ranked, because you're also making progress to leveling. If you play lots of Social then go back to Ranked, however, you'll notice how much slower it can be. Again though, this is a long-term thing and to really be set in stone, you've got to have played a lot.

If you're playing with teammates the game thinks are awful (lots of losses in both Ranked in Social all the time), if you manage to win, the game treats you quite nicely and tends to rank you up, OR give you more progress to your next HS anyway.

If you're playing with teammates the game thinks are good (lots of wins all the time) against teams that are full of players the game thinks are bad (lots of losses consistently) you will earn very little to your next level, BUT you risk lots if you lose.

Lastly, along with the other factors here, their current Skill rating in the playlist compared to yours matters. If you're 17 and you play with three 16's against two 26's and a 27, winning will reward you quite well (or put you close to your next level) and losing won't harm you much at all.

________

"I got MVP with two 50 HS in lobby (very poor sports BTW) and it didn't get me a higher HS".

What their actual Highest Skill is doesn't matter in Ranked... only what they are in that lobby and the other variables back up there. If you're 17, they would have been 7-27 in that Playlist (because they got their 50 in another Playlist) so they're treated like normal opponents.

There are some flaws with this system, obviously, but all-in-all it isn't bad. It would also be better if people would stop abusing it. Not a bad experience though, so I hope it goes well for you : )

Thanks a lot, this helps a little. Its really confusing. I would like to get to a memorable H3 rank before H4 comes out. I am a Eclipse in Reach so I think I'm good there ( I know, a high rank for a opinionated "terrible" game.) (I got it before Halo 3, and in doing so, got more attached to Reach, but respect Halo 3 for its former glory), I would like to be a 30+ Highest Skill and be a commander, or if I really get back into it HS of 50 and a General (not enough time for a Grade 5 though).

30 is Major and 35 is Commander... I think you could do it : )

I tend to look at Commanders and higher as potentially being good. I'm not afraid of anyone, but I think Commander is a respectable rank, along with Colonel/Brigadier. I don't really respect Generals, just because everyone would boost to a General, but Commander and upwards is good.

Add me and i will help you to get this...

Sweet Fantasy, your an idiot so no.