Achievements I earn while offline appear but achievements for my family doesn't

The other day while XBOX Live was down i played a game i rented and was able to earn achievements while offline. I have two XBOX systems and my brother plays on the older one. During the same time he was playing a game and earned about 320 G, but after he was able to connect to XBOX Live again it deleted all of his achievements for the game. Just to test and see if something was wrong with the system, I recovered my gamertag to see if the achievements I earned while on the other system showed up. I did in fact see the achievements I earned on games I never even played on the system. It states when recovering a gamertag that any achievements earned while offline will be erased after that gamertag is recovered. IF this was the case, how was it that my achievements showed up but his didn't? If someone can help me with this problem, thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

As I understand, if you play offline and then recover or move your profile BEFORE connecting to LIVE, you will lose offline progress. If you connected to LIVE before recovering, it would have already noted these achievements. Did you brother recover or move his profile before reconnecting?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.