Achievement System needs better incentives

Well, i know bragging rights are the primary purpose for achievements, but like I think Microflop should add some type of like, awesomeness to it.  Like gamer pics that coincide with certain achievements, or MS Points for every certain number points your reach, or paste on candy cake designs (delicious).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dissing the company that you depend on for your gaming experience is not the way to go about things.

did you just challenge me to a duel?

I think the achievements are fine the way they are.

Adding more incentives just leads to more people boosting and earning stuff unfairly.

Well you unlock gamerpics and avatar awards for doing certain things in games, but it would be cool to get an award or gamerpic for GS milestones. Like a 100K t-shirt or something like that

Not MS points though, that would end badly

No, No and you're just plain silly with your thinking

This would only make boosting and other lame issues worse.

We should just scrap Achievements.

Or they could keep them and actually make an effort to prevent boosting. I like the idea but the try hard losers sucked all the meaning out of it.

Some achievements do unlock Avatar Awards and gamerpictures, although I think it would be neat if they expanded to themes as well. But I don't want other incentives to gain achievements. Their subjectivity is great, so that it doesn't matter if you go for them or not; it's up to you how far you take your achievement hunting.

I personally think that when we achieve a super hard achievement, a mechanical hand should come out of the xbox and give you a pat on the back.