Achievement not unlocked

Recently beat Lost Planet 2 on easy normal hard and extreme. The achievements for hard and extreme won't unlock despite ensuring that I completed both prologues and the hidden route. Frustrating.

The thing is, this isn't the first time I have experienced this, there have been a few that I can't remember off-hand. Had a problem with Lego Batman that was solved by starting again, and I've never 100% the first Lego Indy - not picking on lego games though!

I know one achievement in Red Dead was glitched as well. Think it was a Liars Dice one.

Am I alone?!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

i've not played them games, but i'm having this problem with oblivion. it won't give me the achievement for becoming the duke of mania. which is the last one i need, i've reloaded the game and done it a few times but still no achievement :(

This is a common problem that happens some times with games. Try completing whatever task it is again. If it unlocks, good. If it doesn't, sucks to be you. If it's a new release, you can hope they patch it. But if a game that has been out as long as Lost Planet 2 hasn't been patched yet, then it isn't going to be.

try recovering your gamertag ...some times that help u to get the achievements that are  unlocked.

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

try recovering your gamertag ...some times that help u to get the achievements that are  unlocked.

[/quote]Only if a patch has been released that corrects the achievement problem. If a patch had been released, he wouldn't have experienced this problem in the first place. Capcom is done supporting that game.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

[/quote]Only if a patch has been released that corrects the achievement problem. If a patch had been released, he wouldn't have experienced this problem in the first place. Capcom is done supporting that game.

[/quote]

Likely because that game did not do so well in sales, so CAPCOM probably think they shouldn't bother patching it at all.

[quote user="Androo77"]

Recently beat Lost Planet 2 on easy normal hard and extreme. The achievements for hard and extreme won't unlock despite ensuring that I completed both prologues and the hidden route. Frustrating.

The thing is, this isn't the first time I have experienced this, there have been a few that I can't remember off-hand. Had a problem with Lego Batman that was solved by starting again, and I've never 100% the first Lego Indy - not picking on lego games though!

I know one achievement in Red Dead was glitched as well. Think it was a Liars Dice one.

Am I alone?!

[/quote]

I would suggest to you clear your system cache first of all and  then replay  it ...liars dice is not glitched lol that was easy to get

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

[/quote]

Recovering glitched achievements by using the Gamertag Recovery method has nothing to do with patches in most cases.

In some rare occurrences, an achievement can fail to unlock due to a unlikely bug in the game. The game data indicates you have earned the achievement, but the programming doesn't ever use follow up code to unlock the achievement in case it failed.

When you recover your tag in many cases, it clears a lot of cache data associated with your tag. Then, when you boot the game up again, it will look at your data, see you unlocked the achievement criteria, sees that you don't have the achievement, and unlocks it.

I have personally used this on a couple of occasions where my achievements have glitched.  

you could go to the hard drive and clear the catch, that fix the problem with one game i was having trouble with.

@demetre1972 - Really? Did you get it recently-ish? I played an awful lot of Red Dead and was quite good at Liars Dice but that one never popped for me. I did get all the poker ones which was cool because to this day I still have no idea how to actually play poker :)