Account was Hacked

Someone hacked into my account and made purchases, as a result my credit card was compramised and I had to get it replaced.

I changed my password to something reaaaally complex, and shared the info with NO ONE, but I have noticed that the hacker has still been in my account.

Because of this I dont trust my account anymore, my solution is to buy points online on this site and spend them right away, but Microsoft wants to CONNECT my paypal/credit card accounts to my XBL account, I just want to make the purchase and keep the two accounts separate so they are not compramised.

Is there a way to extend gold coverage or add points instantly ONLINE without having to permanentally connect personal information to my compramised XBL account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Regardless of how you think you at some point lost access to your account, I will tell you like I tell many others, you CAN NOT be hacked on Xbox Live.  There are many ways lose access to your account being 'hacked' is not one of them.

Assuming your password is 'extremely complexe' as you have stated, ask your self this:  How many other sites have you used this exact same 'complexe password' for?  Many people use the same password for every website they visit, if you join just one iffy site, your in for a world of hurt.  Also if you give out too much of your personal information out on Xbox Live, it's not hard for someone to call support pretend to be you, and gain access that way (social engineering).

If you still think your account is in danger, change your password again and contact support.

As for your question.  If your not happy to provide MS with your credit/debit card information, then you will need to buy points cards.  Yes, you can buy instant points from websites.  Amazon.com in the U.S. does instant points for example. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

At 2 AM May 20th, 2011 my account was also "hacked".  I don't know if it is just a coincidence but the person got into my account purchased 6000 microsoft points and then bought like 7 XBOX arcade games.  I recieved an email from XBOX thanking me for my purchase so I immediately got online and changed my password.  I actually stopped the hacker mid download and I had a pending download in my download history once the password changed.

I called XBOX customer service this morning and moved my gamertag to a new windows live id and then called my credit card company and canceled the card.  New one is coming.  I hope your right Obsessive Power but with all the hacking going on right now this looks like a coordinated attack to me.

Check out:

dlb-network.com/.../xbox-live-hacked-users-accounts-have-been-hacked

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just received two emails saying I have purchased a load of points. I switched on my Xbox and had to recover my account! I have changed the password and removed my credit card information, and I will watch my CC statements like a hawk for a while, although I think the hacker used Paypal and a different email address to purchase the points, as I have managed to find out what email address they used for Paypay. I have even done a google search for the email address with some interesting results.

Really paranoid now.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you feel like your account was compromised, you must call phone support IMMEDIATELY! support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.