Accidentally was in a Modded Lobby on COD4, Received 11th Prestige

While playing Call of Duty 4 earlier today, I joined a match that was very strange (Rainbow colors, random advertizements scrolling across the screen). Then, all of the sudden the game crashed and backed out to the lobby, and I saw I had 11th prestige. Now my message of the day area reads "Join [mod removed]" and all of my created classes are named "[mod removed]". My clan tag has been changed to {PM}. I DID NOT VOLUNTARILY DO ANY OF THIS. I really do not want to lose my account, so I wanted to let Microsoft know that this was completely unintentional. I have no intention of exploiting this to my advantage (I pre-ordered MW3 and I reeeally dont want to lose my account and not be able to play it D: )

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 277 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You should have left the game imediately when you saw something was wrong.
Unfortunately your account is toasted for this game, there is no way to reset your rank to what it was and neither IW or Activision do anything at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand that I cannot have my rank reset, I just want to be sure my account will not be banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

So, you have absolutely no problems with using glitches in the game to your advantage (according to your youtube page full of glitch uploads) but when there are dire consequences for joining a modified lobby you are ethical? I hope you get perma banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

so im in the same boat as the other guy  with cod4 only i dont mod dont know any thing about them. i went to lobby it put me in a match already in progress. noticed the numbers in the scoring were weird -2000000 etc i figured it was a glitch do to connection speed or lack of. before i could exit the game the match ended. now i have no rank cant join any matches still have all my weapons kinda lost. am i banned? did i get toasted and demoted? do i have to buy another copy of the game to play again? do i have to get a new xbox? what can i do to play again and what can i do to prevent it from happening again?

Sorry this didn't help.

@MonkeyBusiness.

There is nothing you can do really, you might try contacting the games developers/publishers but I wouldn't hold your breath for them to do anything. The game is broken, has been for years and the dev's care nothing for it or the people affected by their lack of support for their products.
Your only real option would be to create a brand new LIVE account, put gold membership on it and start again. But there is no guarantee the same thing would not happen again with any new accounts.
Personally my advice would be sell the game and buy one that is not infested with modders and is actually supported by its developers.

Sorry this didn't help.

well thats just [mod removed: profanity] great! the other cod games just as bad? i really liked cod4 and the controls love the left trigger aiming over the thumb stick toggle. any way so like i said the other cod games just as infested are the controls the same and any tips,clues,hints to look for to spot mods and stay out of this situation again?

Sorry this didn't help.

Black Ops is clean but anything prior to that (including series darling MW2) are as good as no go areas. General rule is if you suspect at any point that something's not quite right switch off your console immediately.

Sorry this didn't help.

aye aye vern. very helpfull thank you much. lmao should have never cheated on halo but i like the cod game play so much better

Sorry this didn't help.

Just means the moderators got mad from it, don't know why they bother with the moderation much at this point, with all the hackers in the older games its a joke

Sorry this didn't help.

@m0nkeybusiness5 You know how Vern said MW2 has mods?? It doesn't anymore the latest patch(which was a few months ago actually) and I haven't been in any lobbies like that since, it's actually been almost 6 months and I got the game almost a year ago, and you won't get banned for games like CoD4 or MW2 because IW has pretty much quit changing it now, my favorite CoD's are MW3, MW2, and CoD4. I absolutely HATE Black Ops it's just a horrible game to me, the only good thing is the zombies, that's it, if I were you I'd get either MW2 or MW3, MW2 is I think around 30 bucks and MW3 60 bucks (if you're not from america then MW3 would cost the same amount as any new release and MW2 would be half) :)

Sorry this didn't help.