Accidental Download

I was looking through the weekly deals for Call of Duty when I saw the one titled, "50% Off the Variety Map Pack." I then pressed A view to in order to find out which Call of Duty game it was for, it turns out it's for Call of Duty 4, which I do not own. So I meant to press B to go back to viewing the other offers, but I accidentally pressed A causing me to purchase the game. I canceled before it even started the download, but it still took my Microsoft Points and counted the purchase. I've looked around and don't think I can get a refund or anything for it, but I thought I should at least say something here before giving up complete hope. I would at the very least hope that in the near future there would be a page added asking if you are sure about the purchase, before just buying it so nothing like this can happen to anybody again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

nope there are NO refunds on downloads as there is no way for MS to tell if you delete the game or DLC you bought on your end.  so just chalk it up to lesson learned and be more careful in the future, sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft, just a bunch of money hungry thieves. If PSN wasn't always getting hacked I think I would probably just get a PS3. I can't even afford a map pack I was planning on buying now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Threats to go to the PS3 never work btw.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Hutare"]

Microsoft, just a bunch of money hungry thieves. If PSN wasn't always getting hacked I think I would probably just get a PS3. I can't even afford a map pack I was planning on buying now.

[/quote]

So because you didn't slow down and pay attention to what you were doing MS is a bunch of money hungry thieves? It isn't their fault you failed to pay attention to what you were doing. Blame yourself you selfish child. You made a mistake. Learn from it and move on.

And really? You are going to threaten with the PS3? No one here cares if you go over to the dark side. Don't tell us, just go.

In the XBL Terms of Service and in the product description of every Marketplace item there is a disclaimer that states: THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THIS ITEM.

Why would we need THREE confirmation prompts before buying anything?! Just pay closer attention to what you are doing. Problem solved. Move on.

Sorry this didn't help.