We're excited to announce that we've fully migrated the Xbox Forums to their new home, here on the Microsoft Community forums!
As of today, going to forums.xbox.com will redirect you here to the Xbox area of the Community forums. We've moved all of your existing threads over so you can continue and start conversations with the new forums experience.
We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have provided over this transition and can't wait for you to check out the new Xbox Forums!
When I try to access my account from xbox console, it will not recognize my microsoft account password. I changed the password twice, and accessed online thru my laptop with no problem. But xbox will not let me in.
Try clearing the system cache by going through the following steps:
1) Press the Xbox Guide button on the controller, go to Settings, then pick System Settings.
2) Select Storage (or Memory).
3) Select the hard drive or memory unit (but not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
If that doesn't fix it *please* first try logging into your account on Xbox.com:
(Since you already said you can sign into your account on your laptop, then you can just skip this step): Start here:
http://www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP! DON'T delete your profile yet. Please call Xbox Support
support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account.
If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:
1) Go to Settings
2) pick System
3) choose Storage
4) pick All Devices
5) choose Gamer Profiles
6) pick the gamertag
7) choose Delete, and
8) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.
1) Press the Xbox Guide button
2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
4) Enter the password for that account.
Note: If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
5) Select the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive, or want to travel with the profile).
6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it’s your home console, I'd say yes. If you’re at a friends house, it’s probably best not to store it.
7) Sign in, and play!
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.