AC: **** Horizon Demo

Is anyone else really dissapointed by the new Ace Combat? I was actually looking forward to this game but after the demo I'm going to have to pass, it doesn't even look worth renting to me anymore. It's as close to a jet fighter game on rails as you can possibly get with almost all control of the plane taken away from the player in favor or grossly over simplified controls and shooting mechanics. In retrospect I liked Ace Combat 6, I don't see how they could of screwed up the series this much.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I tried it, was looking forward to it, but now pre-order is cancelled.

I played the helicopter mission first and it was awful. It felt like I was flying the Gunship on Black Ops. Like you said, completely on rails. On B to go down, A to go up? What the hell?

---

Pretty bad. Apache Air Assault is how a helicopter should handle.

Played it yesterday, its ok, I liked Skydrift demo much more

Just watching the video makes me cringe. I stopped watching as I heard the directer say, "We've opened the game up to bigger audiences". What audience? 4 year olds who don't know how to use a controller?

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

I played the helicopter mission first and it was awful. It felt like I was flying the Gunship on Black Ops. Like you said, completely on rails. On B to go down, A to go up? What the hell?

---

Pretty bad. Apache Air Assault is how a helicopter should handle.

[/quote]

The chopper mission is definitely worse than the jet mission. I noticed right away that the helicopter pivots by the tail rotor instead of the main one, which is not how a helicopter turns, not to mention everything else that was horribly wrong with it. I played Apache Air Assault and that game is definitely leagues better. Even flying a cheap RC helicopter in my basement is more fun than Assault Horizons control scheme. =/

I downloaded the demo last night but didn't get a chance to play it yet. From you guys have played so far, is it better than the previous Ace Combat?

[quote user="Darker Reaper"]

I downloaded the demo last night but didn't get a chance to play it yet. From you guys have played so far, is it better than the previous Ace Combat?

[/quote]

Definitely not. Seems like 2 steps backwards instead of 1 forward.