A Whole New Glitch

I looked to see if this has happened to anyone else and didn't see it but I hope maybe it has and that someone has a solution. I was in Honeyside puttering around enchanting and making potions and tidying up. Then I took a quick nap and headed out the back door to go whack something. When I got outside I couldn't move. It was like I was stuck in a hole or something. I went back inside and still couldn't move. I fast traveled to Whiterun and still couldn't move, I fast traveled to Silent Moons Camp and I still couldn't move. So I reloaded my last hard save (which hurt because I did a lot of enchanting and alchemy) but when I got there I still couldn't move. I turned off the the console and decided to wait until tomorrow but I did wonder if such weirdness had happened to anyone else. It never has to me in the 500 or so hours I've been in Skyrim.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I honestly haven't heard of this bug/glitch at all. However, it's typical for you to come across a few weird ones here and there. Just wait until tomorrow and post back with an update on your progress. I'll do my best to assist you with this issue. :)

Sounds like its locked into one of texture tears ( like the ones on the mountians)  you sometimes fall into.. and it sounds like even though no matter what you do your in it..have you tried whirlwind sprint?..see if that digs ya out.

Odd coincidence Lady B. Last night I was in a running battle against multiple enemies, with the game behaving normally. Suddenly, my arms quit working. I couldn't use my bow and arrow. I switched to other weapons and nothing happened. I switched to magic spells and nothing happened. I could still move around, I could still switch view points and see my character, the enemies still pursued me, but my hands/arms remained empty and useless. I checked active effects to see if I was poisoned or paralyzed -- nothing there. Had to give up and reload a previous save. Game was OK after that.  First time anything like that had ever happened in any of my Skyrim games.  Have no clue what it was.

That actually happened to me the other night. I saved and reloaded and it let me move. I would suggest loading a save before you went into your house.

It happened to me in Riften after leaving a building. It was making me really mad.

Thanks, Unfortunately I did try that. The last thing I did was go back to my last save before I went home to Honeyside. I couldn't move then either. When I tried an outside location I landed at Silent Moons and could hear a dragon so I left in a hurry. I did not try Whilrlwind Sprint and will if giving the console a chance to mend its ways over night doesn't help. I'm hoping its akin to having the screen freeze when it takes a total restart to fix it.

That is very strange. I wonder if it even flows over into other characters if it does it in previous saves. I know how annoying it can be. I tried to get out for 15 minutes. I dismissed my Follower and reloaded. It worked after that.

I took a break at lunch and restarted and everything was fine, like it had never happened. I suppose it is in the same category as frozen screens. I had one of those the other day for the first time in a long while. I'm glad that was all it was. I went off off and slew a dragon to celebrate.

What are you gonna do. In a game this big, weird things happen. It is very rare though. So I doubt it will happen to you again.

Coming across bugs here and there is completely normal. Let's just hope you don't keep experiencing these glitches.

I am one of the fortunate players. In over 500 hours total with half a dozen characters I have had very few glitches. Only one stalled quest that caused a 20 hour backtrack and a few unattainable bounties or misc items. Mostly I had screen freezes but not so many as to sour the game for me. I don't go all intense over a game and didn't care at all about achievements.