RE5 has something wrong with it where some copies will not work. Essentially it wont load the buy screen after the first two cut-scenes in chapter 1-1 making it where you cant get far enough to be able to upgrade your weapons. And it seems to fail at 48% and i have plenty of proof.
There is TWO (Separate) problems, one has a fix. the other might*
1. You have the gold Edition, and Mercenaries Fails
FIX: Delete the Figure DLC (the free one that shows you the pay for costumes like sheva's business outfit)
2.you fail at 48% on install, and you immediately crash to dashboard with disc read error right after the first two cut-scenes in the game.
SOL: ya well some people have "fixed" this by really wierd ways.
1. Delete RE5 Demo? it worked for one
2. remove HDD put back several times and keep trying to install to HDD each time
3. remove HDD use fresh 8GB Flash drive and itll probably update your 360 too and install it to that.
4. Clear Cache and keep retrying.
5. Buy Games on Demand Version (STILL dont download the figurine DLC, ive read reports it STILL gives you "disc" read errors...(lol no disc..its downloaded)
I have read this happening to:
LE Red 360's
so basically ive come across someone saying this exact scenerio (1-1 failing, 2-3 failing, and fails around 30%-48%) in every one of these xbox's