A warning for new players :(

I'm new to Minecraft and find the game a refreshing change of pace but last night i learned a lesson the hard way,after hours of mining and constructing a 2 storey home with seperate bedrooms i lost it all.I decided to take a screen shot so i could unlock the premium theme,all went well until suddenly right after the pic had uploaded i got a message informing me that the sever had disconnected.

"Thats ok" i thought (stupidly) the autosave has saved everything,so i reload the game and to my dismay everything i'd done had gone,vanished into thin air :( so as a warning to newbies like myself SAVE your progress regularly to save yourself the aggravation of losing your work.Whilst it hasn't put me off the game it did pee me off somewhat.So i'm off to start again having learned a valuable lesson.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, autosave only saves stats, not your progress on your world. The facebook glitch is a bit known, though I can see how you could miss it since not everyone talks about it. Sorry you lost your progress. I'm hoping they fix these 360 specific issues, or at least most of them, in the first update. The actual game issues will be fixed just as they were in PC, it looks, so no reason to fret over those much at all.

How do you take a screenshot?

I want to unlock this premium theme too but there is no option anywhere in the game to take a screenshot

To take a screenshot you need to pause the game then press Y. The only thing you can do with the screenshot is upload to a Facebook account though, which is annoying for those of us that use Twitter or would rather save to a gallery on our consoles.

Thanks.

It looks like i'm going to have to create a facebook account just to get this theme.

I thought it saves the worlds as well. Well, that's why I always start new worlds.

the facebook glitch? its never froze on me and ive taken quite a few snapshots... lucky i guess. good luck.

*always get your house bed craft table and chests ready before anything else. go from there after you save THAT stuff. dosent a bed in your house automatically make you spawn in your house?

It does, but that's no use when the autosave feature didn't save anything at all :) The only way to not lose anything is to manually save very often.

yes i also learned that the hard way at first and last night i lost 4 64 stacks of redstone, that red block that stays lit infinately like 12 of them and a buncha diamond supplies wood etc... i fell off my69 block bridge like a duncecap haha.

I always manual save and based off the autosave in this game, i am making a good decision. Does autosave in this game not work?

It works, but it doesn't save your world. The auto save only saves statistical information and nothing else.