A step backward huh?

yay...good news...not

earlier in anticipation of this game I was led to believe this game was going to have even greater destruction, now I'm hearing less destruction....we can blow pieces of buildings and whatnot, but the structure stays intact....does this mean we can blow walls out like the first BC game but it stays standing? or does it mean we can blow pieces off said building possibly killing those below with falling debris, but no hole actually appears in the structure aka magic unlimited debris?

in other words, is some dude gonna be able to hide from a tank's 105MM HE rounds inside a wooden shack indefinitely, because the rounds can't penetrate 5/8 inch plywood? I don't care if the building collapses or not, but I should be able to blow the walls out....I've grown used to being able to do so....destruction is the next "in" thing in shooters IMO.....being able to fully "re-landscape" the map is cool, and I don't want to lose it....and not being truly safe from explosives anywhere on the map is also something players ought to not give up on...it enhances the frantic nature of the game....without true destructibility this might as well be Homefront or COD or MOH

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It would help if you could quote your source.  Besides, who cares about this stuff anyways.  Stop complaining and "SOUND OFF" about all your Battlefield games...lol

I care....call me crazy but the game content actually matters to me....secondly, I'm posing a question about BF3 'cause I don't give a rip if you've played every BF game ever made have a veteran status of 28 and sleep snuggled up to a teddy bear with DICE's logo stitched onto it....just have a question about the games now trademark destruction

OMG dude, chillax!  I am trying to agree with you but it would be nice to know what you are talking about.  Also, the reference to the other thread was a JOKE.  The joke being that MOST players would rather talk about all their games than to have an actual discussion on CONTENT.  Do you think I want another game full of stationary sniper bait?  NO.  Do we sacrifice some destruction for a tank NOT to get stuck on a stick of bamboo??? Maybe, maybe not.

I believe that the destruction has more precision in its location. Like you shoot that a concrete divider and parts of it chip off where you shoot it.

[quote user="EXEcutioner870"]

OMG dude, chillax!  I am trying to agree with you but it would be nice to know what you are talking about.  Also, the reference to the other thread was a JOKE.  The joke being that MOST players would rather talk about all their games than to have an actual discussion on CONTENT.  Do you think I want another game full of stationary sniper bait?  NO.  Do we sacrifice some destruction for a tank NOT to get stuck on a stick of bamboo??? Maybe, maybe not.

[/quote]holy crap i cannot believe i had to switch browsers to use these crappy forums, nothing is better about the new forums, anyway now i gotta jump thru hoops to attach, hope this works dammit

but buldings still don't collapse :/

@executioner Why do you need a reference site on somthing that is common knowledge? All Lax was doing was getting memebers input on how the destruction plays out... You could have been apart of the convo..but now your internet-cred is worthless..

Maybe it would help if we told knock, knock jokes instead?

Judging by that source APOCACIDE has, we can still collapse certain buildings. However, it's probably like BC2 in that some buildings, like warehouses and some office buildings, can't be brought down. Obviously, 10 story building are probably not collapsable, but smaller structures should be.

Wouldn't that create an imbalance if EVERY building was collaspable.