A quick note to those who say that this game is boring...

I'm actually astonished there is so much to do in this game!

I just reloaded my save from just before I went to finish the game as an NCR ally, I've gone off and done both available DLC packs, I am now level 40, and thought right, that's it, Hoover Dam, here I come...

well, after a little bit of exploring first...

Popped into Bitter Springs, and got myself another 3 side quests to do! During which I was given another one at Camp Golf! Looking at my Pip Boy it's reading that I've done 78 quests already! If my memory is right, by the end of Fallout 3 I had completed 31! 

I was preparing myself to put this game down for a while and go back to Fallout 3 to pick up the remaining acheivements in that game. (To be honest it's just the "reach level x with Neutral and Bad Karma" ones, and the collect all 20 Bobbleheads one).

All that added to the fact that I still need one more playthrough to allie with Caeser's Leigon and that there are two more DLC packs to come! 

Slow? Maybe. Sparsely populated? Probably but you are in a desert... But boring?  Nothing to do? Get lost! You just have to find it! It's worth suffering the few minor bugs, (that I've encountered) for this game really. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh how I miss NV. I found plenty to do while I was playing.

Fallout 3 and are great games ...the gamers that said is boring are gamers that were expecting a FPS or are so lazy to explore.

My thing was/is exploring, partly to have more "waypoints" so that any quest(s) that were far I could still fast travel to a relatively near place & get to said quest.  That & making things which you couldn't do in the previous Fallout without schematics & even then only certain things. 

That being written I do see where some people are coming from in terms of FNV feeling so empty when compared to Fallout 3.   It is set in a desert for one, by definition it's gonna fell more barren.  Secondly, even in our world Vegas is a relative oddity.

I found the area boring. Also, opinion is opinion. I just found the story in this one repetive and slightly unfinished.

i forgot to add in my reply  that also the gamers that say is boring  are just Followers of the  ridiculous Obsidian hate Faction.

I don't hate obisidian.

F:NV takes a lot of getting used to. Well, Fallout in general takes a lot of getting used to. I remember it being extremely difficult to get into Fallout 3 when I first started, because I didn't really understand what I was supposed to do most of the time. Now that I know most of the skills of Fallout, New Vegas has been one of my most played games, and I am really reaping the benefits of my prior Fallout knowledge.

With 3, it was like I was just getting used to it right as I finished the storyline, so even if I went back again and replayed it (which I did of course), I already knew what was going to happen, so it wasn't as exciting. With NV, it was a new storyline and already knowing exactly what to do made it very exciting.

This game has it all, it has tons of places to explore, the Strip of Vegas is awesome to see for the first time in the game (especially if you come across it at night), it has legendary enemies (Deathclaw, Fire Gecko, Cazador, Night Stalker) that I don't remember being in FO3, tons of cool rare weapons, etc. If you have done the type of exploring I have done (found every location, rare enemy/weapon, done almost all side quests, finished 3/4 endings) then you probably would not consider NV boring, and would definitely agree that it was worth the $60 that I paid for it.

The thing is that if you like this kind of game then you'll find both titles to be very good if you give them enough of a chance.  However, if you don't enjoy this kind of game then you're going to find them both boring.  It doesn't matter how much there is to do in the game or how well put together it is, if you don't enjoy doing the things that the game offers then you're going to be bored.

[quote user="The Lord of War"]

I don't hate obisidian.

[/quote]are you sure ? in this thread

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/t/20745.aspx

is obvious that you are part of the ridiculous faction i did mentioned.

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

[quote user="The Lord of War"]

I don't hate obisidian.

[/quote]are you sure ? in this thread

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/t/20745.aspx

is obvious that you are part of the ridiculous faction i did mentioned.

[/quote]We, the jury, find the accused....GUILTY of hatin' on Obsidian's bapes.