a question

I'm not after a diatribe on over-powered creations or any of that. I'm simply confused about something. I looked at the 10 sites to visit though the link  and then being curious looked at some of the other lists including the how to make an overpowered character. I have read most of this before but one of the pictures made me wonder. It shows a legendary daedric bow of fairly ordinary stats i.e. damage 144, frost 29, shock 29; but it is worth 32,165,242 gold and the damage listed is 1,447,599,366. How do the stats equal that kind of value or damage output? I'm missing something but what? My best bow is a legendary glass that does 577 damage with no enchants but it's only worth about 35,000 gold (I would have to check to be exact). I used a super smithing potion to build it since my smithing is not quite 100 yet.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 29, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's something to do with Fortify Restoration but any more than that I can't say, sorry.

Yes, I know some of that. It's how I made the super smithing potion to compensate for not getting smithing up higher. My smithing is still only 96 but I was only trying to get to glass. Said potion works better the higher your smithing so that my early legendary stuff is not as strong as my later pieces. My glass bow is 588 damage and does 10 pts more from 5/5 overdraw archery perks (which is supposed to double damage) and an 82 archery level. It is worth 15580 (not 30000). That's where my confusion is. Would my damage go up with archery at 100?

How do you create a smithing potion that boosts its damage that much? I use a legendary glass bow at the moment, but the damage is nothing near yours. I haven't used any smithing potions before, so yeah.

Honestly, I can't say because I don't know, sorry.

I went the stupidly powerful restoration potion route and made some potions I kept for emergencies ( or lack of patience) but what I got was a restoration potion of +1298 w/4pieces of alchemy boost I made a smithing potion of +159%. I also have 2 pieces of smithing gear that add another 30%. With that I improved my bow to legendary and at my smithing level got that damage. The damage is higher the higher your smithing level is. My early efforts were much punier. I didn't even bother with enchantments on this bow because I was happy with what I had and don't have to charge it.

I think my approach to the overpowering thing was to make things for unusual circumstances. I have a potion of carry that gives me an extra 1298 lbs. it was more than I needed but that's what came out. I just wanted more than the 40 I could find. I have since found potions in game up to an extra 70 but by then had made a carry ring for +250 which takes care of trips to the Dawnstar chest or long dungeons whic are getting to be a problem with so much ebony that I can't seem to make myself leave behind.

[quote user="The Lady Bastet"]

I'm not after a diatribe on over-powered creations or any of that. I'm simply confused about something. I looked at the 10 sites to visit though the link  and then being curious looked at some of the other lists including the how to make an overpowered character. I have read most of this before but one of the pictures made me wonder. It shows a legendary daedric bow of fairly ordinary stats i.e. damage 144, frost 29, shock 29; but it is worth 32,165,242 gold and the damage listed is 1,447,599,366. How do the stats equal that kind of value or damage output? I'm missing something but what? My best bow is a legendary glass that does 577 damage with no enchants but it's only worth about 35,000 gold (I would have to check to be exact). I used a super smithing potion to build it since my smithing is not quite 100 yet.

[/quote] A Mod did it.

It's not a mod, but a way to exploit a little glitch in the game ....it's a processes of layering fortify enchantment potions to the point of being able to enchant a weapon that can do crazy damage.  I never did it because it just seemed like it really wasn't necessary.  

So you can layer effects of other potions too?  I didn't know this.  I don't think I would ever need to do that either.  

I didn't layer any potions. I never got that to work. I just made restoration potion drink equip alchemy make restoration unequip alchemy gear and repeated until I had a crazy restoration potion then made the good smithing, and enchant and some others I didn't even use they were too much.

But that's the layering I'm talking about....yes, there are some other steps to it, but it's still a game exploit.

Youtube:  Alchemy Exploit

I see. I thought you meant taking more than one potion to stack effects. I read that it could be done but it didn't seem to work. I know what I did was an exploit and frankly don't care about that. I made what I needed to feel comfortable at the time and quit when I got stronger. The glass bow I have does 606 pts of damage with an eleven arrow and that's not enough to one hit kill even a draugr scourge without a sneak attack. I don't like long fights.

Anyway, my question had more to do with getting a billionths of damage from a bow rated at 200. That just didn't make any sense to me so I thought I would ask.