A question in regards to transferring my licenses...

Once I've done the license transfer would I have to download everything that was downloaded on the current Xbox as well as the stuff that wasn't (the items that can't be played without offline without the transfer)? Because that's a hell of a lot of stuff and anywhere I can save time, I will.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

To properly transfer the licenses, yes you'll need to redownload the content. However, if you already have the content saved on your hard drive, the system will only be downloading the licenses. So it won't take as long to redownload everything because you're not downloading all of the data.

The fastest way I've done it in the past, is open my download history on the computer while I have my console on and queue everything from there. It'll automatically start downloading on the console and it's a whole lot faster to go through the list on the site than on the console.

Also, when you do start redownloading, you may get a message that the content is assigned to another console. Just start a download, open your active downloads on the console and select the download by pressing A, and then choose Download All Items.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.