A Question for The Forum Members.

I play with a few of my female friends occasionally on MW3 multiplayer, and the second they talk in a public match, the majority of a time some guy will badger them about being female playing this game, or cream himself over the fact that she is and attempts to be their best friend. I see the community on the forum is somewhat mixed, so my question is how do you guys feel about this? Do you act like this if you are talking in game chat, etc.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Doesn't really matter to me what gender you are. I'm not trying to pick up chicks on live.

It's quite sad. Girls will get FR and messages as soon as a gamer can tell that the gamer tag is that of a female or check her avatar. It's mostly horn dogs who can't get a real life gf. I made my sister a profile and I played an online co-op game without using a mic, soon after the match she gets 5 FR and 2 voice messages, I was just like "wow, really?" lol. It's real sad but again it's mostly the desperate and people will say things online they normally wouldn't say in public. I also have female gamer friends who tell me about the nasty perverted messages they get as well, it's crazy but nothing new.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]

It's quite sad. Girls will get FR and messages as soon as a gamer can tell that the gamer tag is that of a female or check her avatar. It's mostly horn dogs who can't get a real life gf. I made my sister a profile and I played an online co-op game without using a mic, soon after the match she gets 5 FR and 2 voice messages, I was just like "wow, really?" lol. It's real sad but again it's mostly the desperate and people will say things online they normally wouldn't say in public. I also have female gamer friends who tell me about the nasty perverted messages they get as well, it's crazy but nothing new.

[/quote]This is the part of the community I'm talking about. Or more in less, the community of XBL as a whole. I've seen it mostly on the CoD games, though. They actually have an Indie Game for this kind of nonsense now, Flirt. My friend Heather and I bought the game to see what kind of guys were on there and proceeded to *** with them, It's hilarious and sad at the same time how some of these people are.

Why are you even in game chat? Playing Search? I mean, besides the game chat audio being absolutely awful, being in game chat is really just asking for trouble.

Do what my female friend does and set chat to friends only.  Then you can still chat outside of a party chat but no jerk offs can communicate with you. She had the same issues you all mention.

I do not let gender decide who I make friends with.

The whole problem is that the anonimty of the internet makes people brave, saying and doing things they would not do face-to-face.

The sad part is some will just request a girl because of the gamertag. If its something girly they seem to automatically click the profile. With the way things are now adays it's no surprise. Any type of social site turns into people (mostly guys) trying to hook up. One guy on my list actually had his real cell number in his bio for females to use lol. The sad part is he told me 3 of them did indeed text him. Though they were probably ugly and as desperate as he was. Like most say tho, I don't listen to game chat and I don't really play MP on COD so the situations I'm talking about happened about a year ago and the game was L4D2 lol.

I don't care who I play against.  It's such a shame that a female can't play a game without being harrassed by some stupid horny kid who thinks he's going to get some from a girl on X-Box Live.  

The only things i notice are:

1) A loud talking female is considearably more annoying than i loud talking man when the sound hits your ears.

2) I tend to be impressed when a female player is actually good. The females i have played with usually hold their own at best. Not that i really care either way.