A question about the Microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules

I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong forum, I wasn't entirely sure where to ask a question like this.

I recently viewed a page about Microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules) which seem to ban the commercial use of content from games and making money off of content from games with an exception of YouTube and Twitch programs which may allow you to earn revenue. Just to be sure, if I create a video on YouTube that uses content from an xbox game, (specifically a Halo-themed animated video with sounds from various Halo games) does this mean that I am allowed to monetize the video?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This is a very grey area, and is entirely dependant of the company that makes the games themselves.   If the content you are making is any of the following;  commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship, it could protected under the "Fair Use" laws of copyright laws.  It may be a better idea to take a look at the content usage rules of Twitch and YouTube, as there is where you'll be penalized for breaching any rules, not on Xbox Live.

Yes, as long as they're uploaded to Youtube / Twitch. Be sure to include somewhere in the video or in the description box the bolded notice in that article and you're good.

Okay, thanks.