A Question About The Mandatory Install

Just been wondering these past few days since its been getting closer to launch (im getting it at the midnight release), and im sure you guys have been too.... How long will the mandatory first disc install actually take?

Because for me at least for Ex. when i downloaded the Apocalypse Dlc for BO2 (which was 2.0 GB exactly) it took my xbox about an hour and a half to 2 hours to download and this game is 8GB so would i not expect it to take (lets say 2GB 2hours) 8hours?  or do you think with this being an actual game and not just add ons would it take longer? or less time? Discuss your opinions here.....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would think installing from a disc will take less time than DLC.

Wait. What? You have to install GTA5 to play it? I don't have much memory left on my Xbox. About 2.7 GB I think.

I usually install all my games before playing them, most times it takes around 15-25 minutes.

You need to make room on your hard drive for at least 12GB of free space.

[quote user="SgtSlaughtrFest"]

Wait. What? You have to install GTA5 to play it? I don't have much memory left on my Xbox. About 2.7 GB I think.

[/quote]There is a mandatory 8GB install to play the game. If you want to install both disks then having 16-17GB of free space will be safe.

I agree with MartMar. 15 to 25 minutes. Your not downloading the game OP your just uploading it on your hard drive. If it is taking you two hours to upload a 2GB game then your x box isnt working correctly.

I didn't even know there was a mandatory install! (Not that I'm complaining mind you). I guess based on this its a 2 disc game? One for install, one for play? (The play disc which you could install to further streamline the gameplay)?

pretty much, yeah.

I think i'll spend the time and install both discs, if I'm honest. I want the best result from the time spent on the couch for this game. Plus i've still got like 200gb spare on my hard drive so i'm not fussed.

yea i guess i wasn't thinking, actual dlc does take my xbox a while and i have high speed internet like i said about 1-2 hours if its more than 2 GB, but last night just to test it i installed red dead redemption (the only game i still have that takes up loads of memory about 4-5 GB and it only took me about 20-30 minutes, so yea i guess its not gonna be that long.

And for the dude above i know this has already been stated in this forum but yea this is a 2 disc game and the first one is install and the second is play.

So if all goes well(im going to the midnight release at walmart) i live about 20 minutes from walmart so its a 40 minute round trip plus about a 5-10 minute wait in line and another 25 minutes to install, i should be playing GTA V by about 1:15 a.m and im probably not gonna stop until my kid gets up for school and then i'll play some more (i work at home so theres no big deal there i have all morning to play