a over saturated fall may pose threat to smaller games

so we all know that this seasons big games(battlefeild,skyrim,gears of war 3 uncharted for those with the ps3 ect )will be hitting your wallet harder then obamas approval rating thus ensuring your long hibernation till summer comes. but as the big titles rake in carcass of your beloved wallet  i think the problem poses for smaller tittles that you may or may not of heard of that are great but lack financial or franchise back(hell even games that are long franchise's may lack sales this year).to me, this sound absurd. its like developer think we won't buy these game's if they where released in middle of july or june but insist to squeeze them all in one season. when they could spread it across the calender to maximise proftit.ps off topic but can somebody please tell me how to qoute on here

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

I forgot to mention Dark Souls and LOTR WIN LOL.

[/quote]sadly those 2 games may suffer from this fall

I forgot to mention Dark Souls and LOTR WIN LOL.

It's not a new issue, i find it funny people cry about lack of IP's then don't even bother to buy them on launch they do appear in stores.

You know this thread kind of brings a problem within the industry forward into the light.

Surely companies must actually lose money on a title by releasing it at Christmas periods because of the amount of competition and limited money of buyers. People don't just stop playing games entirely because it's Summer/Autumn. I don't know about some of you guys but I'm actually busier in Winter than I am in Summer, giving me less time to play anything anyway (meaning I'm more inclined to buy less). I've played more games during the summer holidays than I did during the festive season.

I can see it on one hand, console sales for that one big Christmas present. More incentive to buy a console shipped with a game, but surely 6 years on nearly everyone has a Xbox 360 in their household who actually would want one.

Wouldn't it make sense to release a game when there's less competition? Espcially if it's a worthwhile game. People will have more cash to spend, be less inclined to have to justify a purchase because of limited funds.

[quote user="KeakaTheRipr"]

I agree. Games like Saints Row 3, Dead Island, and the new Batman game would have done WAY better if they would have been realesed in may, june, july........Im surprised none of these got pushed back till next year, but i guess theres still time.  

[/quote]THQ don't need to worry about SR3 sales  because they have a good  community that always support their games. SR 2 was also released on Nov ...so i guess is their favorite month to release SR games.

That's coming from me that i am getting Skrym, Rage , Batman AC, Dead Island, Deux Ex and Saint Row 3 and Gear war 3 . The only game i am planning   to get next year to get on a special sale is X-men Destiny and AC3 but is because i still  need to finish AC2 and ACB.

I would also like to see them spread out more through out the year. But not because of financial reasons. I just think it's lame that I occasionally have to go months with nothing new to play, and then the holiday season hits and I have games piling up on top of each other.

@Gunslinger...it's the holidays "fault"!  Seriously I agree with spreading them around during the whole year.  More people could afford to buy more, than having them all dumped onto the market all at one time.

There are just too many games coming out in such a short window for me to buy all of them.  If they were spread throughout the year, I would buy more at full retail.  As it is, I will buy many of them months later at a discount, or possibly used.

[quote user="KeakaTheRipr"]

I agree. Games like Saints Row 3, Dead Island, and the new Batman game would have done WAY better if they would have been realesed in may, june, july........Im surprised none of these got pushed back till next year, but i guess theres still time.  

[/quote]I already have Dead Island paid off. Saints Row 3 will be pre-ordered in the near future. Even though I won't be able to actually play it for a while. I'm not sure I'll be able to get 300 hours of play time in to Skyrim in just 4 days, but I'll try. Either way, SR3 will be ready and waiting the instant I am ready to pop in to my 360. Batman will be rented via Gamefly. Regardless of what time of year it releases.

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

If I want it, I'll buy it...no matter the season, no matter the ratings or reviews.

[/quote]This.