A major problem that hopefully gets addressed in a patch.

My last two days have been an uphill, downhill, up again ride. Meeting some new players with a mic is good note.  Getting to score 34 was really tough and I had some real nail biters. I had to win 14 in a row to get a that score...only to lose it 3 different times later on! But what's really bothering me? STALLING! Three different players have stalled against me today alone. That's not even counting the last turns when you're going to kill them. I'm speaking of players stalling on turn 1! One of them mulled down to 1 card and walked away with no mic plugged in. Man that is so frustrating. Players are so wanting to win anyway they can that they will send you a message saying, "Be back in 15 minutes. Eating dinner. You should quit. :D" and then just leave the game on. So am I the only one this is happening too? Share your frustrations with other people's antics here. Hopefully in the first patch we can get a timer like mtgo has.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This happened to me twice two days ago.  Both times the other player was going to die on their turn, so they just let their turn timer tick down to nothing... but their turns never ended.  For some reason I was never able to take my next turn that would have killed them.  Both times I finally quit the match after waiting 30+ minutes, and both times I received a loss for it.  Made me so mad that I didn't even bother playing for 2 days since then.

The first patch will prob be the DLC that will also make chosen decks invisible to eachother.

That mulligan down to 1 hand is something I heard about, never done it myself cause I've got better things to do with my time but you probably just counterpicked someones deck like a *** and they mulligan themselves to 1 card and let you enjoy your hollow victory.

I've had people stall out a few times.  I just don't understand the game timer's logic.

On several occasions, usually after a long combat, I've had my postcombat main cut short for no apparent reason.  Yesterday, for example, I was playing the Tezz deck and swung in with everything.  I intended to Soulquake afterwards and then cast a couple creatures.  Instead, the game made me go straight to discard immediately after I bounced the board, even though only a few seconds had passed.  

I fail to see how the game can let someone take 10 minutes not doing anything while also cutting short my second main, presumably just because combat went long.  

There's a bug that allows your enemy to immediately end your MAIN phase.  This is done by using a creature card with an activated ability, for example, Gideon's Lawkeeper's ability to tap a target creature.  If you do this to another player at the start of their main phase, they'll be sent straight into combat phase without the ability to cast spells or place lands, unless you're VERY click in clicking your cards.  You can't even pause the timer to cast them.  You just have the few seconds before combat phase begins.  If your opponent has two cards with activated abilities like this, they can eliminate both of your main phases every turn, and effectively ruin the game.

[quote user="EasterlyMedusa6"]

you probably just counterpicked someones deck like a *** and they mulligan themselves to 1 card and let you enjoy your hollow victory.

[/quote]

Assume much? I start at Chandra every time. When someone enters and sees my deck (let's say they start on Elves) a lot of times they change to a hard match for Chandra (hence they changed first). What I do is change to a deck that counters that but I do NOT start it up. I give them the chance (I count to 7 seconds) to either change again or leave. If we keep countering each other then I just leave. If they stay, I start it up. You may not like this but... too bad. I'm no dummy to put myself at a disadvantage. I'm not going to let someone counter hate my deck and at the same time I do NOT quick swap on other players like a lot of others do. Anyone that plays against me is willing to do so on my terms. I give ample time to leave the lobby. Sidenote: I do hope they hide decks in the first patch. I used to join ranked games and I would get quick swapped on 80% of the time. That's why I always host now. Also in custom games I always join games and I play for fun (a lot of Garruk and Koth). 

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

Assume much? I start at Chandra every time. When someone enters and sees my deck (let's say they start on Elves) a lot of times they change to a hard match for Chandra (hence they changed first). What I do is change to a deck that counters that but I do NOT start it up. I give them the chance (I count to 7 seconds) to either change again or leave. If we keep countering each other then I just leave. If they stay, I start it up.

[/quote]

So I am curious if they enter "your" lobby with a deck that is bad for you do you switch or do you just start? 

[quote user="Vkandis"]

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

Assume much? I start at Chandra every time. When someone enters and sees my deck (let's say they start on Elves) a lot of times they change to a hard match for Chandra (hence they changed first). What I do is change to a deck that counters that but I do NOT start it up. I give them the chance (I count to 7 seconds) to either change again or leave. If we keep countering each other then I just leave. If they stay, I start it up.

[/quote]

So I am curious if they enter "your" lobby with a deck that is bad for you do you switch or do you just start? 

[/quote]

If you would have quoted me fully you would have noticed I wrote "I'm no dummy to put myself at a disadvantage." So what do you think? Everyone I know in the top 50 isn't going to start a game up with Elves (them) vs Chandra (opponent). Just 1 loss is the equivalent from 2 to 20 losses (according to who you play) once you make a score of 30 or higher. I hope this thread doesn't get derailed from the topic. I don't quick swap decks on my opponents so please don't try to justify stalling (which is illegal in real life and will lead to game losses and bannings).

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

[quote user="Vkandis"]

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you would have quoted me fully you would have noticed I wrote "I'm no dummy to put myself at a disadvantage." So what do you think? Everyone I know in the top 50 isn't going to start a game up with Elves (them) vs Chandra (opponent). Just 1 loss is the equivalent from 2 to 20 losses (according to who you play) once you make a score of 30 or higher. I hope this thread doesn't get derailed from the topic. I don't quick swap decks on my opponents so please don't try to justify stalling (which is illegal in real life and will lead to game losses and bannings).

[/quote]

Sensitive much?  The question had nothing to do with justifying stalling.  Funny that you get defensive about people assuming the motives behind your actions yet have no problem assuming neferious motives of others.  Anyway your clais I dont let myself be put in a disadvantage can easily be read as a justification for you to counter a deck that is bad for you IF they que with it in your lobby.  Thanks for the clarification -- yes stalling is bad.

[quote user="Vkandis"]

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

[quote user="Vkandis"]

[quote user="THE NlNJA"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sensitive much?  The question had nothing to do with justifying stalling.  Funny that you get defensive about people assuming the motives behind your actions yet have no problem assuming neferious motives of others.  Anyway your clais I dont let myself be put in a disadvantage can easily be read as a justification for you to counter a deck that is bad for you IF they que with it in your lobby.  Thanks for the clarification -- yes stalling is bad.

[/quote]

The last time I created a thread you had negative remarks toward me.  My last reply was originally 1/3 of what it is now but I quickly realized that if I had posted that you would have simply tried to make me look bad by justifying stalling. I've seen your kind plenty of times before. No matter what you're going to change your opinion to disagree with me. I'd rather you not reply to my threads at all in the future. Do you understand? Can you leave well enough along? Now please go crawl back under the bridge you came from.

Counter picking is almost as bad as stalling imo - they both stem from this dumb obsession to actually care about the horrible ranking system in this game nobody can see. You counter pick because you're scared of losing you're rank. You stall because you're scared of losing you're rank.

Both stalling and counter picking WILL happen in ranked. Both ruin the online experience, and the only sure-fire way to avoid them both is to play player.