A little help please

I need some advice:  I am playing as a warrior, SL 14.  Went thru the asylum, then entered firelink.  I met with the NPC guys, then headed up to the undead burg.  Mind you, I have only my standard starting gear and a bow purchased from the vendor in the burg.  I can make it thru this area, but cannot defeat the boss, havel or the black knight.  So, I went back down to fire link, then took the elevator down, but am getting hammered there also.  Am I missing something?  I feel like I need some better gear, but not sure how to gain it.  Should I be working on the boss in undead burg, and forgetting about the black knight/havel for now and come back when I am stronger?  Or, do I just need to grind up a bit?  

Tough game.. feels harder then Demon souls so far to me.  I did not even come close to beating that game, but I was able to advance and clear quite a few areas, unlike Dark souls.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yeah steer well clear of havel for now, just remember this the game is an absolute *** early on it will be quite a while before you can go running around with confidence, but the thing is as you get that way more things are openedup to you and what your worrying about now you will eventually think is trivial this is a very well paced game if you can get beyond the hellish start.

Thanks again..  Goin for the Drakes sword I assume...  

Stay away from Havel and the black knight for now. You should stay in the undead burg for now but you have to face the Taurus demon to advance there.

The Taurus Demon is pretty easy so long as you keep climbing the ladder to the top of the archer tower and dropping down on him with the plunging attack.  

Stay away from Havel and the black knight for now. You should stay in the undead burg for now but you have to face the Taurus demon to advance the.

Thanks guys....  I will work on him more.  Where can I eventually level up my gear?  Any good drops beyond the taurus demon?

The next blacksmith you run into is in undead parish. He can upgrade your weapons and armor. The other blacksmith may be able to as well. If you shoot the dragon by the bridges' tail of you get a really handy sword. It does a lot of damage.

Stay away from Havel and the black knight for now. You should stay in the undead burg for now but you have to face the Taurus demon to advance there.