A good way to curb used game sales...

Make the DVD/Blue Ray copy cost $59. and  the digital version cost $49.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No.

Retailers would just threaten to stop stocking their physical copies and that would be a blow to their overall sales.

Make longer lasting, complete games. And give the consumer a reason to stay playing months and months after release. Maybe an unannounced free dlc here and there wouldnt hurt(wont happen because of MS policies)

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Make longer lasting, complete games. And give the consumer a reason to stay playing months and months after release. Maybe an unannounced free dlc here and there wouldnt hurt(wont happen because of MS policies)

[/quote] Funny you mention that. if one looks at the prices of Used Games, you can tell there is short supply when their asking price is so high. There's a reason why Gamestop asks for games--even weird ones like Super Mario Bros DS. I was wondering I was getting so much for it. A lot of Nintendo Games fall under this too. It seems people hold onto Nintendo games. It's just supply and Demand.

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

It seems people hold onto Nintendo games.

[/quote]

To be fair... I doubt many 5-10 year olds can find their way to Gamestop.

@noboundz Great minds my friend lol.

That isn't fair; that is just generalizing. Plenty of Adults love Nintendo still. All the criticism thrown against them are either plain ignorance or the same stuff you can throw at MS or Sony.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

@noboundz Great minds my friend lol.

[/quote]

Praise MS :D

Actually, scratch that: that's not only insulting to younger kids but also plainly stupid seeing as many do make their way to Gamestop to get games that are clearly above their age group(cough Halo cough).

Yes. Adults have an unhealthy obsession with Nintendo products.

-

Let's look at the criticism for Xbox. All MS puts out is Halo, Gears, Fable and Forza. "Stop abandoning your console MS. We want new experiences."

-

All Nintendo puts out is Zelda, Pokémon and Mario. "Yay Windwaker HD. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Now give us 4 Mario games but disguise one as a Luigi game to throw a quick change up. NINTENDO WE LOVE YOU!!!"