A good chuckle for Monday....PETA attacks Nintendo over fur wearing Mario

I totally lol'ed when I saw this article today.  Just wanted to share some of the laughs I got.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/14/8802690-peta-attacks-nintendo-over-fur-wearing-mario

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Now this is geting retarded. One dayv someone will play duck huntat there hq. And they are the duck.

Yeah, PETA is getting pretty absurd lately. My dog being a beloved member of my family, I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals. But when you get upset and start crying about everything, people stop caring about what you have to say. You're just that person that cries all the time. Whoever coined the phrase "pick your battles carefully" was a wise individual.

They're only attacking Nintendo and Mario now?He's being stomping turtle skulls for a long time. 

Either PETA are the only ones on the planet that can't differentiat between games and real life, or they're just seeking attention at the moment.  Anyone can score points by targeting video games.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Yeah, PETA is getting pretty absurd lately. My dog being a beloved member of my family, I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals. But when you get upset and start crying about everything, people stop caring about what you have to say. You're just that person that cries all the time. Whoever coined the phrase "pick your battles carefully" was a wise individual.

[/quote]

I totally agree with you Sword.  To be honest I think they are doing it for the sole purpose of getting attention.  It's almost as if they are trying too hard to find something wrong so they can come in and look like the white knight for animals.  And yes the individual(s) who made that statement, were wise indeed.

What the hell, he's had that suit for decades...What's next, the frog suit? The wing cap? Kirby and his DK suit in Smash Bros?

I dont like PETA, tbh. They know how to suck the fun out of a room.

Looks like someone gave Jack Thompson a new job.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

They're only attacking Nintendo and Mario now?He's being stomping turtle skulls for a long time. 

Either PETA are the only ones on the planet that can't differentiat between games and real life, or they're just seeking attention at the moment.  Anyone can score points by targeting video games.

[/quote]

Either that, or they're just doing what every other cult, "secular" or otherwise, does: attacking anyone and anything which doesn't conform to their particular morality. As I've said before, they need their own country from which they can show the rest of the world the clear superiority of a lifestyle that places humanity's needs second to those of animals.

I wonder if they realize that crap like this makes it very hard for anybody to take them serious. This is also coming from a group who has been known to rescue animals from shelters only to kill them and dispose of them in dumpsters behind grocery stores.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/h/2833-peta-kills-animals----and-its-a-felony

Now on a happier note though just as stupid as their attack on video games, Peta wants us to refer to all the fish in the world as Sea Kittens.

http://features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/

Is there some new leadership among the ranks of PETA or something? They've always been active in their causes, but this recent influx of idiocy just sprang up rather quickly