a good 4-800 arcade game

so i'm looking at a couple arcade games, but i'm not sure which one might give the most bang for my free fake buck. so far i've got the trials of fez and hexic 2 and the walking dead but i want to wait for the whole series to come out before committing to the zombie apocalypse. how long is fez and is there any replayability afterwards? are there any other similar style puzzle type games i should check out? preferably something story light and playable in the background while listening to a podcast or audiobook or something. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

BF1943?

I'm not a big fan of Hexic, to be honest.

As far as puzzle games go I've always enjoyed the following.

Quarrel. I Just got this game and I'm addicted. It's scrabble strategy basically, and the idea of the game is to conquer all your opponents land using words that are provided for you. There's differen't game modes, and multiplayer online. I can't speak for the online, but I doubt it's booming.

Zuma. You are a frog and you try to shoot like color balls into combo's before they get eaten. 13 levels (I've never gotten past level 9 sadly) and two modes.

Puzzle Quest.

This one is a bit more than 800 points but it's a RPG bejewled game. Match like colors, build combos and use your characters abilitis on your opponent. Fun fun.

Bejeweled. The game we all know and love. Except it makes me want to throw my controller when I run out of moves.

N+ It's a ninja plat-former. You're a ninja, you want gold. You have to clear stages full of obstacles to win. Expect to die a lot. But it's fun.

Carcassone and Catan are both board games where you try to take as many settlements as you want.

A lot of these are older arcade games, but I'm not familiar with anything more recent. Also, I don't know their exact price either.  They all should have demo's so try them out.

The Walking Dead is a bargain at only 400. Great game and i will deffo be getting the next episode.

[quote user="Wondering Chimp"]

The Walking Dead is a bargain at only 400. Great game and i will deffo be getting the next episode.

[/quote]

I have been hearing a lot of good things about this arcade game, But the thing i don't like as much is that it's by episodes "Hopefully" episode two is free and you don't have to pay again, Instead make it an installment to the first one.

-

Because the first one only has the first chapter i think? Not to sure but after i see how they plan to release the next one then i'll decide weather to get it or not. :)

-

Cause i don't want to pay for a half game then pay again for the other half.. It doesn't really have much logic in it whatsoever... <_<

The best thing to do is to download the trial and find out for yourself which is the one you like best.

Each Episode of WD costs 400 ms points and will be released monthly. However you can buy all the episodes on the ps3 for £15.99. The great thing about WD is the decisions you make and how it will effect future episodes,  sure it's a point and click game but it's still a great game

Trials HD is good but I am not sure if it is 800. It may be 1200 but it is a few years old so it may have gone down.

Like someone said battlefield 1943 is a good buy. Its a bit more than 800 points, but you will get you moneys worth, i garuntee it.

i really don't care too much for online games like battlefield and whatnot, i've got halo and mass effect 3 to meet my occasional multiplayer needs. i've got a bunch of trials downloading like sudoku and some scrabble type game, gonna launch braid in a little bit...i'm just looking for insight from someone who has played these games on length and replayability combined with the least amount of focus i can give the game since i'll probably be listening to some podcast or  light internet surfing or something while playing it. my tv audio is really just loud enough to hear ambient noises and fight sounds and so on and so forth...

peggle if it is still 800ms points is the best arcade game on XBL.