A gamechanger?

In your opinion do you think a games music or score can make a huge impact on a game? Negative or positive. (score meaning orchestrated score. I point this out because I know some idiot will be like "DERP what kinda score?") 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah music matters in gaming. It made games like Mario, Zelda, and Halo great. With Call of Duty Black Ops they had a track from the rolling stones that I liked but never heard before the game.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

It makes a huge difference. The music by Jack Wall really helps make the Mass Effect games.

every game needs to have great music to it.  It's just like a movie.  You could watch it without music but it just wouldn't be near as good.

a game without music is like music without instruments.

You can make music without instruments though.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

You know what I mean.

Damn right it does. The music for the Mass Effect series is so distinguished, in my opinion, that you immediately know it's from Mass Effect upon hearing a few parts.

Yes it does.  Funny that you mention it since earlier this week I found my old COD 2 soundtrack in the closet.

Music is amazing for setting mood.  I think we don't pay as close attention to it as we used to when we were still playing games in 2D though.

[quote user="DjOracle"]

every game needs to have great music to it.  It's just like a movie.  You could watch it without music but it just wouldn't be near as good.

[/quote]I've always liked the music in shooters for that reason...it's like a movie and makes it better to me.  Driving games, I turn it off. 

As for music in movies...it seems I heard the 1931 Frankenstein movie didn't have music, except at the start and ending.  But it's the only movie.